PDA

View Full Version : RC Copter

kootenaycat
04-26-2011, 10:51 PM
For shits and giggles I bought a cheap RC helicopter on the weekend, only lasts about 5-7 minutes on a charge but still fun to try to keep it in the air! :D Already had to take the body off and press one plastic drive gear back up the shaft-wasn't quite lined up with the driven gear for the bottom rotor after crashing it too many times!

bcmaxx
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
For shits and giggles I bought a cheap RC helicopter on the weekend, only lasts about 5-7 minutes on a charge but still fun to try to keep it in the air! :D Already had to take the body off and press one plastic drive gear back up the shaft-wasn't quite lined up with the driven gear for the bottom rotor after crashing it too many times!
Which one did you get? I got a syma mid size copter- $89 bucks, round ten minutes fly time, its fun trying to control it in the wind!!! I already have a spare parts order as it has fallen from the sky a few times. I'll get this one next http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=BLH3100.

kootenaycat
04-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Didn't even look at the name on the box, $49 from the Source. :D Definitely get your money's worth, I've already had to replace a drive gear on one of the rotor motors (luckily it comes with 2 spares). Tried crazy gluing it on the shaft but it only lasted 2 flights. Going to have to try something else, maybe a drop of solder on the shaft after installing the gear. And it won't fly at all outside, something with the antenna that it doesn't get a signal at all. Can start flying in my shop then as soon as it flies into open sky it drops like a rock. When it dies for good I'll get a bigger one, lots of fun!

kootenaycat
05-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Disassembled and new gear to be put onto motor shaft