PDA

View Full Version : the beast needs a camber fix

tnairn
03-20-2011, 11:02 AM
well the front wheels are in at the bottem and out at the top, how have you guys fixed this, i used the calmini 3 inch lift, i have yet to decide how to fix the camber,

i have had plans either to move the control arm brackets outwards and re weld them in

or ovalise the strutts to pull the tops of the tires in, but i dont want to do either if anybody here has the solution

youngun
03-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I ovalized the top hole in my struts, set my camber and then welded a washer to hold it inline. Worked great

mus-Tard
03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
on what?

tnairn
03-20-2011, 12:38 PM
my sidekick creation

tnairn
03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
youngun

did you have to take your coils out when you pulled the strutts? does everything just flop around or does it stay in place and you can just take the strutt out?

was you bottem of the wheelsin as well

MUD CHILD
03-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Here is an easy way to fix your problem:

http://www.srcustoms.ca/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=40&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

tnairn
03-20-2011, 12:51 PM
already tried those, they only managed to push the top out, it would not bring the top in or push the bottem out

MUD CHILD
03-20-2011, 12:55 PM
already tried those, they only managed to push the top out, it would not bring the top in or push the bottem out

They will give you positive and negative camber it depends on which way you put them in. I know they work I used them on mine with a calmini lift and got my camber back to spec.

tnairn
03-20-2011, 01:17 PM
i tried using them on the top and bottom, but they never seemed to be able to pull the top in, which way is yours facing so the nut is forwards or backwards?

MUD CHILD
03-20-2011, 01:53 PM
The Camber bolt goes in the top hole. They way you get your positive or negative camber is not by which way the the bolt is facing, it's by where you place the tap on the on the washer. Install the tab away from the wheel to get negative camber.[cheers]

tnairn
03-20-2011, 02:56 PM
does the tab on yours catch something?

youngun
03-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I left the coils and the struts in the truck, pulled the top bolt out of the strut with a jack stand right by the lower ball joint holding the weight on the coil. Then put a jack on the lockin hub and lifted untill the knuckle was bottomed out on the strut body. Bored the hole out in the strut till the camber is correct, install bolt with washer, tack weld washer onto the strut flange to hold the bolt from sliding back and forth in the oval hole

Worked for me for 3 years under hard wheelin, daily driving and jumping, always stayed in alinment.