PDA

View Full Version : Diesel or gas chevy

crazydude
02-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Gonna go buy a new truck soon as my other one is sold but should I buy diesel or gas chevy. Only gonna throw the camper on it maybe a dozen times a year and in 5 years I have only put 70000k on my current truck. So is it worth the extra coin to buy a diesel or just go with the gas 6.0ltr?

pros and cons on both if ya got them!!!!!!!!!

harvester_sorrow
02-26-2011, 11:13 PM
If your not towing/hauling with it often go with gas. The new diesels need to be worked to keep them happy. You will save money on purchase plus the servicing(not cheap on a diesel).

toyon35s
02-26-2011, 11:46 PM
duramax all the way,the 6liter will cost you an arm and a leg to run [cheers]

mus-Tard
02-27-2011, 01:57 AM
resale value of the diesel will be much higher of the gas pot.

crazydude
02-27-2011, 09:32 AM
duramax all the way,the 6liter will cost you an arm and a leg to run [cheers]

Curios how the 6ltr will cost me an arm and a leg????

fullsizebronco
02-27-2011, 09:52 AM
diesel is often cheaper and diesels generally get better mileage?? i agree with getting the diesel it is better for resale etc but in my own personal opinion i would not buy anything gm but thats just me

sarg
02-27-2011, 11:47 AM
diesel is often cheaper and diesels generally get better mileage?? i agree with getting the diesel it is better for resale etc but in my own personal opinion i would not buy anything gm but thats just me
x2

hrd4mud
02-27-2011, 01:50 PM
70,000 kms in 5 years aint enough, the extra price of the diesel truck will not be save you when it gets a little better millage, and the newer gas trucks are pretty decent if your easy on em.

Thats less then 1200 kms a month average, so like a tank and a half of fuel a month. The few extra mpg of diesel aint gonna save him the 10 grand to get it in the first place, plus every oil change will be 3 times the price.

Get a diesel if u drive a lot or tow stuff regularly, otherwise get a gasser, black smoke is cool but doesnt sound like its yur thing anyways.

toyon35s
02-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Curios how the 6ltr will cost me an arm and a leg????

a buddy has one and it costs around 40 bucks or so a day to drive from langley to tswassen and back,pigs on fuel[cheers]

fullsizebronco
02-27-2011, 09:54 PM
i bag my diesel everyday and i still get better mileage than all my friends in there gas trucks lol to tell the truth i drove preludes when i first got my license and my mileage/cost is comparable to what it was in my preludes give maybe 20 bucks on fill ups that i did a lot of hills excreta ...but what can i say i love the feel of that turbo

crazydude
03-01-2011, 09:49 PM
a buddy has one and it costs around 40 bucks or so a day to drive from langley to tswassen and back,pigs on fuel[cheers]

Must be something wrong with it cause I have one in my 07 1ton work van and I go from kelowna to cranbrook on maybe $70 in gas no word of a lie thats why I was thinking gas.

tchevy
03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
gas. i got a dmax. love it but dont need it. i wouldla been way ahead to get a gas, cheaper to buy and run. sure its better on fuel but still only 19mpg at best.unloaded highway the newer gas are better on fuel. what years are you loookin at.

4skin
03-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Must be something wrong with it cause I have one in my 07 1ton work van and I go from kelowna to cranbrook on maybe $70 in gas no word of a lie thats why I was thinking gas.
but have you tried driving said 1 ton van langley to tswassen
stop and go uses more fuel than hiway just saying

tchevy
03-01-2011, 10:25 PM
very true as well.

also

07 is way better than persay an 03. far more technology. displacment on demand

crazydude
03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
True stop and go is hard on the fuel but I only drive my truck weekends, going to the coast and camping trips. I have a work van that comes home with me every night. Diesel would be nice but im leaning towards the gas cause of the amount I use it and the gassers are very close to the power output of a diesel when you start comparing.

crazydude
03-02-2011, 05:21 PM
gas. i got a dmax. love it but dont need it. i wouldla been way ahead to get a gas, cheaper to buy and run. sure its better on fuel but still only 19mpg at best.unloaded highway the newer gas are better on fuel. what years are you loookin at.

looking 2008 to 2011 1ton!!!!!!!!

stylus
03-04-2011, 03:36 PM
i vote diesel. I love my duramax, and like said, get much better mileage then my gasser buddys. Servicing is isnt that much more anyways as long as you know how to take care of a truck. Proper filters etc..

duramax barely even blow black smoke too.