PDA

View Full Version : a/c amplifier

justinowell
02-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Can anyone tell me the importance of the a/c amplifier? I just had my condenser and accumulator replaced, and I'm not sure if I need to replace the amplifier as well. Thanks for the advice.

The Best or Nothing!

93 Formula Mods: 383, LE2 Heads/Intake, 226/230 cam, 52MM TB, Magnaflow cat back, Brake Disc LT headers, CAI, SFC, Strut Brace, Adj LCA, Adj Panhard, Oil Pan Gasket Set Relocated Torque Arm, Progressive Rate Springs, A/C Amplifier (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/a-fs-c_amplifier%7Epop.html) Short Throw Shifter

vajayjay
02-04-2011, 11:26 PM
What the f$%k is an A/C amplifier?

I am an A/C mechanic and I'm confused, must be an automotive thing:dontknow:

B
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM

no your just a ac tech a real mech would know what the fuck that is ...[f] ..

Toyota began equipping its a/c compressors with speed sensors in the 1980s. This sensor, which measures compressor rpm, was initially a simple reed switch. By the early '90s, it became an AC signal generator. The oscilloscope pattern below shows a typical compressor speed signal, captured at idle on a 1997 Avalon. Hands down, the scope is the most accurate way to test this sensor.
Whenever the air conditioner is running, a small computer called an air conditioning amplifier constantly monitors compressor rpm and compares it to engine speed. The air conditioning amplifier, which is made of a black plastic material and is a little larger than a pack of cigarettes, is usually located on or near the evaporator case.

thank god for google oh yeah

vajayjay
02-04-2011, 11:52 PM

go fuck yourself

I work on real A/C

B
02-05-2011, 12:08 AM
go fuck yourself

I work on real A/C

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

[cheers]

dirka dave
02-05-2011, 08:23 AM
no your just a ac tech a real mech would know what the fuck that is ...[f] ..

Toyota began equipping its a/c compressors with speed sensors in the 1980s. This sensor, which measures compressor rpm, was initially a simple reed switch. By the early '90s, it became an AC signal generator. The oscilloscope pattern below shows a typical compressor speed signal, captured at idle on a 1997 Avalon. Hands down, the scope is the most accurate way to test this sensor.
Whenever the air conditioner is running, a small computer called an air conditioning amplifier constantly monitors compressor rpm and compares it to engine speed. The air conditioning amplifier, which is made of a black plastic material and is a little larger than a pack of cigarettes, is usually located on or near the evaporator case.

thank god for google oh yeah

wow thought you actually knew what you were talking about....

right up to the end !

:D

Troy
02-05-2011, 12:42 PM
typical toyota shit