PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering

old codger
01-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Anybody sucsesfully added powersteering to a GMC tracker/ SusukiSidekick?. Useing units from other makes, Toyota/Nissan/Jeep Dodge Ford etc. Tryed the wrecking yards, no luck for unit of a junker! most places said they very rarely get Trackers /Sidekicks.?

dirka dave
01-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Put toy axles in it, then get a Toyota IFS box, then get Hy-steer x-over.

:D

youngun
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I had stock sidekick steering that i took out of a 4dr truck and put into my 91 2dr. Worked great, everything bolted right in [cheers]

homeboy
01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
what are you using the tracker for? just hunting or wheeling?

I'm currently running my tracker with the suzuki box tapped for hydro assist with a 1.5" x 6" cylinder with a spooled front toyota axle it works quite well with the pump I got from PSC which is a jeep tc pump with the internals kicking the pressure up to 1200-1600psi

If I was going to do it again I'd probably would plate the frame and sleeve it and run a toyota IFS box and chances are wouldn't need hydro assist but would get it regardless.

if its just a hunting truck of something that is still gonna be ifs based just run sidekick/tracker steering, stock kick pump and box and take the steering shaft and coupler they are shorter in the manual steering version you have.

shouldn't have any issue finding a full setup in a wrecking yard just call around

I sold an entire setup a while back. stock pump, reservoir and hoses and a box that needed a rebuild for 100$

Moondog
01-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Anybody sucsesfully added powersteering to a GMC tracker/ SusukiSidekick?. Useing units from other makes, Toyota/Nissan/Jeep Dodge Ford etc. Tryed the wrecking yards, no luck for unit of a junker! most places said they very rarely get Trackers /Sidekicks.?

Fucking hell don't Fuckin do it Fuck you will Fucking Fuck it right Fucking up

Salty enough for you :D

B
01-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Fucking hell don't Fuckin do it Fuck you will Fucking Fuck it right Fucking up

Salty enough for you :D

quoted for epicness [36] [36] [36] [36] [36]