PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob

ne14t
01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Just another noob dropping in to say hi as requested. I just recently acquired my truck, its a simple 1993 Dodge Dakota LE 3.9L V6, my mother bought it back in 1994 an its been in the family ever since, she told me in December she wanted to get rid of it so I swooped in took it. I grew up on the island and spent most of my time traveling along logging roads and trails with my dirtbike, moved up to the mainland and kinda lost touch with the backwoods shit, now that I have a vehicle capable of going places, I hope to have some fun.

Now that the polite shit is taken care of, I noticed someone mentioning the lack of noobs because of language well its not that bad, I talk like that here at work all the time, yeah I am fucking the dog right now. If anyone in or around the Burnaby area knows of some nice places to explore please feel free to enlighten this noob, I have only ever been one place and that was Eagle Ridge and it wasnt even in my vehicle. :ballsmack

Honky
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Welcome to FIBC. You are going to have to travel a little further then BBY. Best bet is to get a backroads look and start to explore

ne14t
01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Hahaha the closest thing to a hill around here is SFU and its tiny as fuck, but my truck is stock so I cant really beat the piss out of it too much, I'm a little bitch and dont wanna break anything! Its still gotta get me too and from work, I took public transit for 2 years when I first moved up here and FUCK THAT SHIT! My other car is race prepped so it sits like 2" off the ground and I would still drive it in snow over taking the bus again.

I know out towards mission it starts getting better, but for me if its a nice little technical drive I am willing to travel, mud is hot shit and all but I like the technical aspect of creeping and crawling, it makes me feel like a mother fucking explorer! Yeah I know its lame but FUword

youngun
01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome

Punk in Drublic
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
lots around here (mission) but much of it is covered in wet snow and ice right now. backroads maps are where its at for the stock wheeler. endless fsr out there.

ne14t
01-14-2011, 12:31 PM
It will only be stock for a while, I work in the right place to get goodies but have only had the truck for about 3 weeks now. The bitch has been trying to find a lift for it, I can find torsion keys, blocks and body lifts, but nothing suspension, Trailmaster used to do one way back but they disco'd it 4-5 years ago, not really sure what I am going to do in terms of that but I will figure something out.

Punk in Drublic
01-14-2011, 12:33 PM
hahaaha love the sig. thats always been one of my fav lines.

ne14t
01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Hahaha that shit got me in trouble when I was auto-crossing with the UBC people, apparently it wasnt PC enough for them, fuckers!

Griswold
01-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the site.

ne14t
01-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks all, glad to be here!

Metal Mulisha
01-15-2011, 10:32 AM
:welcome: Gonna have to travel out Mission way to find some trails mang, keep you eye on events for trail runs...happening everyweekend[cheers]

bakelite
01-16-2011, 06:39 AM
:welcome:

rmiller026
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Yea there's nothing for dakotas u gotta do block keys and body then u got 5 inches