PDA

View Full Version : 02 sensors

bcbugger
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I need to get somew mnew 02 sensors for my 99 xj lordco wants about 90 bucks each and I found them online for half that but I don't want to order from somewhere I don't know. So does anyone know of a reputable place I can order them from for about 50 bud each.

Thanks

Apathy
01-12-2011, 11:11 AM
need to check if they are 2 or 4 wire.. thats the main difference.

IIRC the 2 wire ones are spendy

bcmaxx
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
If you have a good bud with a good discount you prob get them for 70 each

Guinness
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
is it a 6cyl?

bcbugger
01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
yes 6cyl.

Guinness
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM
say you were quoted 65.65 on the 23099 ntk, and 66.51 on the 23151 ntk. don't be a dick not saying you are but being nice goes a long way with us. if your a decent guy i have no problem giving people a stellar deal without even being asked

bcbugger
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm never a Dick only when its needed. But it is the time of year when saving money is always a priority

Guinness
01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
definitly, if that doesn't work go to a napa or westcan with those prices say that that is what you got quoted at lordco see if they will do any better or match... sometimes thats all you need, pretty hard to turn you down when you threaten with competion. having a account goes a long way to thought, even if it isn't a charge account. costs you nothing for a cash account take the sheet home do fill it out. at least it gives you a name to us. that helps alot to us too

bcbugger
01-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info. That is the price from my friends account

bigorange440
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM
try T&T auto parts in chilliwack ask for mike..they have some killer prices

ne14t
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Most people, including the people employed at Lordco do not understand that the pricing structure was setup 34 years ago and hasnt been changed so it gets really fucked up, some of the traditional part lines arent too bad, others are out to lunch 100% biggest issue we have is with "Performace" parts as they get setup just like a traditional part putting us FAR FAR away from the competition on such a competitive market. Best bet is to get to know people there, thats when the awesome deals come out, I used to help out all kinds of randoms even while out at the track, but stopped cause nobody was thankful for the help.

Jayota
01-16-2011, 11:42 AM
www.sparkplugs.com I got my NTK sensor for like $35. T&T wanted like $220+

d0ubledown
01-16-2011, 12:34 PM
X2 on sparkplugs.com

i used em for oem denso plug n play sensors for my cruiser. price was pretty much half of what the dealer wanted, and way cheaper than lordco's shitty bosch sensors.

plus, they ship to canada via usps, so you dont get dinged with any BS courier brokerage fees.

hoser
01-16-2011, 12:42 PM
i buy my lordco guy a case of bud every once in awhile..

it seems to help the prices:D

WagoneerXJ
01-16-2011, 12:56 PM
My main problem working at Lordco, is that everyone comes in expecting a bottom dollar deal, and tend to flip shit when they don't get it. At least in this town.

d0ubledown
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
why wouldnt they come in expecting the bottom dollar deal? the pricing structure there is bullshit. go to 5 different locations get quotes without account #'s, and get 5 different quotes. even worse with account #s. some more than their competitors, some less. the salespeople can give discounts to whomever/whenever they want..

...at least in this town.

bcbugger
01-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Picked them up at sperling in langley for 144 for both

ne14t
01-17-2011, 01:32 PM
why wouldnt they come in expecting the bottom dollar deal? the pricing structure there is bullshit. go to 5 different locations get quotes without account #'s, and get 5 different quotes. even worse with account #s. some more than their competitors, some less. the salespeople can give discounts to whomever/whenever they want..

...at least in this town.

Why should a person who buys the odd spark plug or air filter be able to walk in and purchase anything for the same price as a shop in town that stocks $30,000+ worth of parts on there shelf? You shouldnt, its that simple loyalty to any company pays off and all of the parts places in town operate the same way.

Countermen at Lordco have nothing to do with setting the price thats the regional sales people and the do it based on what lines you purchase the most of from the company. Countermen are told to sell based on a nut bar pricing structure from 1974, this is why quotes vary, trust me I cold call our own stores on this stuff all the time. We had a MSD 6420 (6AL Box) on tab (sale) a while back for like $299 I called 5 different stores and got 5 different prices on the same part which will automatically bill out for $299 but they didnt even bother to check that it was on sale, and were talking a variance of +/- $150 so it was all over the place.

I would offer to help people out, but I gotta know ya first, I just winged it last time with the goofs I was racing with and well they ruined it by not even being thankful.

85chevy
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Thus the reason I only deal with 1 or 2 people at my parts store and spend enough money there plus I like knowing the people anybody trying to use my account won't get a discount. Got $100 knocked off my price which was already $400 cheaper then the retail for my new clutch and I can have something for months not use it walk in and they take it back no questioned ask and no stupid restocking fee.

ne14t
01-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Most stores wont charge you a restocking fee unless your a dick about trying to return something. I dont work the retail side of things so I dont have to put up with that crap fortunately; however I get some pretty retarded people calling sometimes. I could only imagine how horrible it gets dealing with them all the time, especially for some pretty shitty wages.

Jayota
01-18-2011, 04:17 PM
X2 on sparkplugs.com

i used em for oem denso plug n play sensors for my cruiser. price was pretty much half of what the dealer wanted, and way cheaper than lordco's shitty bosch sensors.

plus, they ship to canada via usps, so you dont get dinged with any BS courier brokerage fees.

Those save on more point coupons for the jimmy pattison dealers are awesome. Thats how I pay for my tune up parts.

d0ubledown
01-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Why should a person who buys the odd spark plug or air filter be able to walk in and purchase anything for the same price as a shop in town that stocks $30,000+ worth of parts on there shelf? You shouldnt, its that simple loyalty to any company pays off and all of the parts places in town operate the same way.

id imagine lordco is pretty much the most stocked auto parts retailler in the lowermainland..so why shouldnt the customer expect the best price? id imagine getting the best price first visit would open the doors to loyal customers alot more than telling them to go somewhere else.

Countermen at Lordco have nothing to do with setting the price thats the regional sales people and the do it based on what lines you purchase the most of from the company. Countermen are told to sell based on a nut bar pricing structure from 1974, this is why quotes vary, trust me I cold call our own stores on this stuff all the time. We had a MSD 6420 (6AL Box) on tab (sale) a while back for like $299 I called 5 different stores and got 5 different prices on the same part which will automatically bill out for $299 but they didnt even bother to check that it was on sale, and were talking a variance of +/- $150 so it was all over the place.

sounds like the countermen at lordco has quite a bit to do with getting you the best price...if they actually did their job.