PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Opinions on spare delete.

bcmaxx
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
looking for thoughts and opinions on a spare tire delete. So rather than packing a huge spare around on a factory spare carrier,would a inner tube, and spoons be suffiecient ? Of course on longer trips I for sure pack a fullsize spare, but I do alot of daytrips. I always catch the damn thing on steep inclines and departures, its also a lot of weight where I dont want it. It would make room for a tube clamp mounted hi lift, and a chainsaw when I need it.:confused0006:

harvester_sorrow
01-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I think a fullsize spare, along with the necessary tools to make the change is a must personaly. Ever try breaking a bead on the side of the trail? If you have a catastrophic failure (blow out, large gash) your SOL. You will need on board air. Getting the valve stem out can be a pita (I usualy cut them out). Just a few things to think about.

4skin
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
ask vagajay lol
it would would just be stuipid to even think of not carying a spare
what if you fuck the wheel up
then your that guy tow truck is 90 bucks a hr off pavement
and it sucks waiting hours for a buddy to find a tire and wheel
trust me idont carry a spare in my chevelle
would need 2 and cant get rears off without dropping suspension[1b]

Trailjunkie
01-04-2011, 09:16 PM
hey man make room , its a must.

vajayjay
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Yup spares are a must

I'm thinking I should have two:D

4skin
01-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Yup spares are a must

I'm thinking I should have two:D
and a spare for your trailer to lol

levigardiner
01-05-2011, 08:32 AM
put it on the roof....you'll need your spare, i just blew apart one of my TSL's ( its a talent) and finally got the privilage to use my shitty chinese knock off mudder, but it got me home

crazylike
01-05-2011, 09:09 AM
a spare is a must i went through 3 tires last summer and always seemed to go when i was 100+kms away from home or help. never seem to go close to home.

4skin
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
you could try getting a skinny tire the same diameter of your tires
saves some space and weight