PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Camp @ Silver Crk and Tubs!

Lieutenant Johnson
12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Well whaaaaaaat an EPIC weekend once again . Thanks to Russ, Tyler, Cody, Alex , Dina , and Trev for sticking to the plans and comin up!

The tubs were awesome hot. Only one working when we got up there, so fired up the other one and two hot by Sat night ! By Sunday all three should have been working because we fixed eroh yeah fukn idiots still wrecking the place though.

Had wicked weather ALL weekend , Sun to Snow, back to Sun!

Enjoy...all you others , get your pics up!

The first set of pics is going to tubs first night ... road was getting pretty icy and snowy ....

after Alex and I were turned around @ Clear Crk the second night (Sat ) . As we got to 4km it became ALL ICE... three trucks were turned around and skidding down hill ,so we did too . After I slid down about 15 feet with Cody trying to stop it http://www.bcjeepclub.ca/Smileys/default/laughing001.gif finally had to crank wheel and gun it to turn Jeep sideways...pucker !!!!!
there about 2 feet or more http://www.bcjeepclub.ca/Smileys/default/wootrock.gif ..had to plow the road as it was fresh powder..Lots up at the Sign for Kookipi @ Granite Falls (too bad it was daylight to see Falls)last pic

So those last pics were us going to Kookipi instead...

these pics below are of our Camp and Sat night when Tyler arrived !!! http://www.bcjeepclub.ca/Smileys/default/wootrock.gif

so here is the Pebble beach round two I won this time [36]... some pics..others have more

and Tylers rig at then end is where he ended up after his RIG could not defy gravity. His hood was pointed down when he started...he flipped and did a 180 and landed up where he came down . Hopefully he has more of the day after .

Sunday was gorgeous with the Sun shining , which made the way out really difficult for Cody and Tyler , so some towing was in order on the snowy , icy spots.. Cody has some pics

Vids
Wheeling through 2 feet of snow to Kookipi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=309MNuWIFgM

Alex trying to get up sand/snow pile( he just did 8.8 swap and took shocks out too long) listen for coil popping out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3fFLyc7lo

DIRTDIGGLER
12-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Nice pics lets see more.

Honky
12-20-2010, 02:37 PM
STOP HAVIN SO MUCH FUN!!!!

.......untill I go with you guys :-)

Griswold
12-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing.Looks like it was a good trip.

dirka dave
12-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Glad that both jeeps made it out.....

Make sure to take a Toyota almong next time for saftey.

Lieutenant Johnson
12-20-2010, 03:35 PM

I know I want to get out with you guys sometime Kev!

Will post up next time ..I am off Dec 29-Jan 5 so I want to camp somewhere!:party0010:

crazybushcreature
12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
nice pics looks like u guys had fun.

Trailjunkie
12-20-2010, 07:12 PM

agreed

harvester_sorrow
12-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Looks like good times as always. Ya that tub road gets pretty slippery this time of year.

vajayjay
12-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Looks like a shitty time, glad I didn't go :rolleyes:

Troy
12-20-2010, 10:53 PM
looks like an adventure

so it was pretty icey on clear creek fsr eh?

Lieutenant Johnson
12-21-2010, 11:56 AM
looks like an adventure

so it was pretty icey on clear creek fsr eh?

By Sat night after all the snowfall and - temps, the road was an ice rink @ 4 km up. One hill we approached had 4 trucks sliding down. Had a pucker moment when i had to reverse in Low and slid for about 14 feet!!
Finally had to crank wheel and gun it to get sideways into a ditch!
Just wasn't worth it

youngun
12-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Looks like a awesome place, seen the pics many times, just have not gotten around to wheelin out there, or even going to the tubs

atoyot
12-21-2010, 02:16 PM
damn hottubs tubs in the snow!!!awesome!!!
looks like a fun trip bud!!!!!!

Troy
12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
By Sat night after all the snowfall and - temps, the road was an ice rink @ 4 km up. One hill we approached had 4 trucks sliding down. Had a pucker moment when i had to reverse in Low and slid for about 14 feet!!
Finally had to crank wheel and gun it to get sideways into a ditch!
Just wasn't worth it

ya thats sketchy, ive had similar shit happen with ice under the snow, once you hit the ice under the front wheels going up hill it spins you around or just sideways into the ditch or cliff.

maybe chains would help?? i made some 33'' v bar chains for the rear.

Halo
12-23-2010, 07:04 PM
awww shit ya! that's the best time to be at the tubs...no one around, snow on the ground. jealous.

Lieutenant Johnson
12-24-2010, 12:07 AM
ya thats sketchy, ive had similar shit happen with ice under the snow, once you hit the ice under the front wheels going up hill it spins you around or just sideways into the ditch or cliff.

maybe chains would help?? i made some 33'' v bar chains for the rear.

Chains would have help alot. Might have been just the one hill , but was
sketchy enough to go have fun somewhere else[36]

Lieutenant Johnson
12-24-2010, 12:08 AM
awww shit ya! that's the best time to be at the tubs...no one around, snow on the ground. jealous.

First day and night no one around the tubs but us. Pretty rad. Especially when ur light is the moon over the snow

jordanbennett
12-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Looks chilly! nice pictures

darwyn haller
12-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Looks like good times! nice pics...

tylerc
04-12-2011, 01:19 AM
old thread, I know. but, any one have any other pics of my carnage? I was too pist off to take any...

my total carnage for the night was a broke axle, broke side gears, hub bolts sheared off (hub was spinning, tire wasn't), hole in the rad, bent rim (wouldn't hold the bead), and a shit load of body damage. Not to bad for a roll, could have been a lot worse...

tylerc
04-12-2011, 01:25 AM
oh, and the rear axle was shifted a good few inches to the passenger side. it's still an inch over, but it drives strait...