PDA

View Full Version : Centreforce Clutch issue ??

cronic 4x4
12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Just put in a new stage 2 centreforce and a new slavecylinder in my 22re 5 speed 85 pickup. Problem is the clutch engages right off the floor like engages right now. Also sometimes it wont let me go into gear at all and sometimes it grinds going into gear from a stop selecting 1st or reverse. When I am driving it changes fine however the pedel is still super low off the floor so to speak. I have bleed it about 20 times. Any suggestions ??? The clutch now has 35 km on it I installed this yesterday ?? Thanks ...

harvester_sorrow
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Try adjusting the pushrod under the dash on the clutch pedal.

youngun
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Adjust the push rod, but to my understanding a centerforce clutch wont give you much slip, its either locked on or off. I think its more of a racing clutch, not the greatest for offroading. Thats just what i red about them when I was looking into a clutch for my 4runner. Could be wrong

85chevy
12-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Pretty sure ur right about them being a racing clutch designed for hard launches so they clamp a lot harder

cronic 4x4
12-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Well I went to adjust the pushrod on the master cylinder and found that it is leaking fluid the carpet was wet with fluid so that may be a lot of my problem. Change that out tomorrow and go from there see if that sloved my problem.

youngun
12-04-2010, 10:30 PM
That could be the problem, keep us updated

gavman
12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I put one in my truck this summer and it feels just like a regular clutch only more grippy, same pedal feel and weight though....

dirka dave
12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I have one in my 82'......no problems.

cronic 4x4
12-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Correction its a gold stage 1 with the centrifugal weights on it. Waiting to pick up a master cylinder Monday morning. Any tips for bleeding and installing the new master and what to do with the pushrod length setting ? Everyone seems to have different ways of doing this. I guess I just want the best/simple/effective way to do this....... thanks for your input.

cronic 4x4
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Replaced the master cylinder try getting one of them at Napa etc no luck got one of a 92 Toyota 4Runner it is aluminum OEM unit. Bleed it on the bench in the vice then installed it and bleed the slave cylinder just drove it for 20 kms and I love it[36] [36] [36] [36] Yes it is still close to the floor but, its instant hook up and I believe it will be very advantageous on the rocks down here and the wet terrain with tight trails.....

Thanks for everyone's info/reply's >>>>

Hello Kitty
12-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Replaced the master cylinder try getting one of them at Napa etc no luck got one of a 92 Toyota 4Runner it is aluminum OEM unit. Bleed it on the bench in the vice then installed it and bleed the slave cylinder just drove it for 20 kms and I love it[36] [36] [36] [36] Yes it is still close to the floor but, its instant hook up and I believe it will be very advantageous on the rocks down here and the wet terrain with tight trails.....

Thanks for everyone's info/reply's >>>>

did you bleed it installed from the master? should bring pressure up and you can then adjust.

cronic 4x4
12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
No I never but I will to see if helps thanks...