PDA

View Full Version : jeep Xj... busted mouth

BushWhackXJ
11-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Fellow wheelers. im looking for some help with my Rig...
see, a big 'ol Fir tree smashed her in the kisser a while back. Im looking for some cosmetic advice for an xj.....

anyone have pics of your rig with no front grill?, or front facia?. with no front bumper even?.... i want to see what all i can get rid of... and maybe come up with some ideeas to replace it :)

damage right now.....Front bumper caved, busted plastic grill, broken headlight bezel holding 3 corner lights on.... headlights now way out of adjustmet.... fibreglass, fascia between hood and grill smashed.... im just looking for ideas,mayb ill cut it all off [cheers]

youngun
11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Did you make it on the toyrun? I didn't see ya?

BushWhackXJ
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Did you make it on the toyrun? I didn't see ya?
yeah, i was there....managed to do about 12 hrs without any carnage... im surprised didnt see you there.. i was hoping to put a lot of names to faces/ trucks to faces.... but unfortunatley i didnt get to see a lot of people i had hoped to. To everyone i met... it was sweet... but theres plenty of you that I walked/ drove right past.... Next time i guess :D

C-Dog
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Doesnt look like nothing a new rad support etc cant fix. Unless it a trailer rig and u don't want it to look stock.......oh and then make a real bumper for it and you should be good IMO.

[cheers]

dirka dave
11-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Sell it and buy a Toyota.

Trailjunkie
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Sell it and buy a Toyota.
didn't you hear he leaves the road and goes in the tree's. better stick with jeep just get a real bumper loose the blue tape and the grill and it will be fine.

Mud Slinging Dumb Fawker
11-29-2010, 11:10 PM
it looks awesome as it is [36] [36] [36] [36]

4skin
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
just needs some camo duct tape and a real bumper
good to go

Chopstick
11-30-2010, 06:39 AM
just replace it, quick easy job!! what year is that, i might have a spare rad support kicking around but nothing else (mine got smashed too)

vajayjay
11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Here is what looks like with no bumper or front clip. Clip is about 8 bolts and whole thing comes off pick up new one and replace
Trying to find one where my bumper is off

Sini
11-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Previous owner of my Jeep "love tapped" a fir tree too, 'cept on the opposite side

Only thing is that the piece holding all 3 lights in isn't busted; the side signal lens came off because of the broken plastic grill frame piece which held it in... if you can get the headlights to stay put then I don't see the problem personally ...Jeeps don't need cosmetics :D

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/Sinistress/lovetap.jpg

BushWhackXJ
11-30-2010, 09:42 PM
just replace it, quick easy job!! what year is that, i might have a spare rad support kicking around but nothing else (mine got smashed too)

its a 1996, 4 door. Ive never seen any pics of the font end off. And ive never had to go there. The rad support would be holding all of that front end stuff together? It would be nice to fix it up right instead of giving the Police a reason to look twice. Thanks for the help guys

BushWhackXJ
11-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Here is what looks like with no bumper or front clip. Clip is about 8 bolts and whole thing comes off pick up new one and replace.
Trying to find one where my bumper is off

Thanks for the pic Vajayjay. it makes sense that the rad support would be tweaked. after seing it stripped like that. that would pull the quarter panels back into alignment as well, Schweet :D

vajayjay
12-01-2010, 03:32 AM
But front corner is all unibody, rad support is only above rad.
In this pic drivers fender is off, and so is rad support it's as far as you can strip it, gonna have to do some banging to straighten corner out.

Chopstick
12-01-2010, 06:46 AM
if you need help this wknd pulling it apart, i'll be up at bigwhite this wknd. i dont have a 96 rad support, they are different from a 91

BushWhackXJ
12-01-2010, 10:33 AM
But front corner is all unibody, rad support is only above rad.
In this pic drivers fender is off, and so is rad support it's as far as you can strip it, gonna have to do some banging to straighten corner out.

Thanks VajayJay ...not exactly what i was hoping to hear. But its nice to know what im up against.

if you need help this wknd pulling it apart, i'll be up at bigwhite this wknd. i dont have a 96 rad support, they are different from a 91

I work all weekend, and the jeep lives on the street....It'll probably be a while before i get a chance to do it. Thx for the help Heep.

tron
12-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Check out the detours rig in this link. Tube fenders and some round eyes..looks pretty cool.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f59/round-headlights-42504/

jeffh
12-04-2010, 05:16 PM
dial in a 97+ front
all the cool kids are doing it
direct bolt on

BushWhackXJ
12-18-2010, 11:34 PM
dial in a 97+ front
all the cool kids are doing it
direct bolt on

i have looked into it, and to be honest. not only do i not need the hassle of more non factory parts, it kind seems like PITA.... I really like the look, but for this build.... i have to try to stick to "keep it simple"

right.... i hear you all.. IMPOSSIBLE lol.

youngun
12-19-2010, 08:55 AM
I would just scab it together to look decent and put some tube on the front clip and good to go!