PDA

View Full Version : If its not one thing its another

85chevy
11-26-2010, 12:51 PM
So clutch went on my car on Wednesday clutch retails for like $990 ouch lucky with my account I ended up with it for $550 not gonna do it myself because the weather sucks and I don't need another headache so hopefully get it back tomorrow or monday. Well while waiting for a friend to come pick up the car from my dad's and take it to the mechanics pulled out the number 3 plug on my trucks motor have had trouble with the plug getting gummed up thinking the cylinder is toast and decided to put the compression tester little low pulled out number 1 to see and it won't even go above 60.... guess that is y my truck is such a gas pig its a good thing I got a spare motor time to get it ready to drop in. Not bad though its got 286,000km on it and I am pretty sure its still the original motor.

Red72
11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
THAT PRITY GOOD MY 96 GOT HART TRASPLANT AT 280.000 NOW AT 352.000 TIME FOR TRANY AND MY AS WELL DO T CASE AT SAME TIME NOW JUST HAVE TO FINED THE MONEY. :mad0217:

85chevy
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Well got my car back today with $300 more on the bill guess it wasn't the clutch that was gone it was the hydraulic line that went but the clutch needed to be done but nobody makes the line so had to get it from the dealer for $200. Thankfully I shouldn't have to worry about it for 6 more years. Now time to find the cash and time to swap the truck motor before it goes on me. Been driving it around for the last couple days but I have a 90 Ford Ranger 4x4 that I got for free spent about $500 in parts getting it ready for the road hoping to put a permit on it in the next couple days to run some fresh fuel before aircare. Had to change the voltage regulator because it was bad and draining the battery can't believe they want $90 for one I can get a whole GM one for that price......