PDA

View Full Version : rollerized motor

blacksuperjet
11-26-2010, 06:51 AM
I have a 454, 30 over and i pulled motor yesterday to confirm a knock i heard. Havnt found anything yet but seen the rockers are rollerized but not at the cam. Is this usual or should i rollerize the cam to? Is this a way to increase hp?

Always broke
11-26-2010, 08:34 AM
It depends on how much work you want to do each time you take it out , if you are solid lifter now and you go to Hydraulic roller lifters you may lose HP but then there is alot less maintenance (setting lash) or for full on crazy HP mechanical roller can add some crazy HP from more info speak to Ryan "AKA" Mudchild on the site , if you the Kelowna Cruiser guys just ask they will recommend him as well heworks on most of them.

85chevy
11-26-2010, 08:44 AM
My guess would be someone just put roller rockers on it I kno for my truck its $190 for them but ur gonna drop some big coin to do roller lifters between $500 and $1000 with a cam but big blocks aren't really high reving motors so for the cash ur spending it may not be worth it

kootenaycat
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Find the knock first, then decide if you want to spend money on rollerizing it. :D