PDA

View Full Version : NOISE

SHITTY
10-14-2010, 02:34 PM
i can't pinpoint this noise thats going on when i am in 4wheel drive. sounds like a clicking noise like a blown u-joint. but i am not sure if its t-case , front axle, hub , or u-joint, its hard to figure out when i am by myself. i took the shifter boots off to hear more clearly but still can't figure it out.

now what i am asking is there a way or steps to figure out by elimination what it may be?

i also just had the front driveshaft lengthen and the u-joints looked good and moved freely.

hopefully saturday i'll have the truck out in maple ridge getting the exhaust done. if there will be anyone around to lend a hand to try to figure what the heck it is that would be great as well.

thanks for any help

[cheers]

mus-Tard
10-14-2010, 06:24 PM
try 4x4 high with the hubs unlocked to see about t-case. or hubs in with t-case in 2wd

l would offer you a had but am heading up to cash creek hunting

vajayjay
10-14-2010, 08:17 PM
It's probably just from sitting for so long, take it for a drive and squirt some penetrating oil on all moving parts:party0010:

Toyman
10-14-2010, 09:19 PM
I could probably help ya out on Fri after work or Sat morn in town or afternoon at Stave. PM me your number.[cheers]

4skin
10-14-2010, 09:21 PM
give it a grease job how much drop below front pinion does front drive shaft have mine was binding so i did the marlin crawler box
found out ifs cvs dont have as much angle as straight axle cvs

SHITTY
10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
the drive shaft angle looks pretty good and for sitting for so long haha . yes it has been siting but the noise was there at the last outing. thanks for the offer trev have fun hunting. what you going for? toyman-thanks i'll pm my number to ya if i get the chance to permet it to get it to maple ridge. i live here but the truck is in burnaby.

trev i'll try what you said to do . i think i did and i can't remember if the noise was there. its a good memory but a short one

thanks [cheers]

4skin
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
does it click louder with wheels turned ??

SHITTY
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
does it click louder with wheels turned ??

yes it does like it binds if u know what i mean

4skin
10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
birfield s done gone bang my bet dude it is a straight axle right?

dirka dave
10-15-2010, 08:41 AM
I am in ridge, around this afternoon.

Pm me if you want my addy.

It sounds like a birf to me. maybe a hub.

SHITTY
10-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I am in ridge, around this afternoon.

Pm me if you want my addy.

It sounds like a birf to me. maybe a hub.

thanks for the offer today but i can't get the truck here this afternoon or tomorow isn't looking good either. shit keeps poping up that i can't grab it. i need to permit it to get to the ridge.

if its the birf or a cv i hav never changed one so a helping hand would be great.

i just gotta get my truck to my townhouse in maple ridge parking is limited here .

i think i rememnber where you live dave i picked up that old grey 4runner tail gate and motor from that 4runner that got stripped in your back yard. you are just up the street from me i am across from the keg up 206b.

dirka dave
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I am on 210 and 119 ave.