PDA

View Full Version : Driver side axel tube has leaking Diff fluid

Lieutenant Johnson
10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
After I replaced axle shaft , to the stub shaft ...was super careful putting er back in . Didnt scrape on axle tube and went in like butta... but the next day there was a little puddle at the end of the tube and all over my hub..

Hoping it was just residual fluid as I removed it when I tore my stub shaft, and stuffed it with rags.
The axle seals were just DONE like 3 months ago with Aussie locker .

any ideas? thanks

bobby b
10-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Happens every time I have removed the shafts to do u-joints or whatever. I though I had fuckered the seal too.
Some oil will leak past the seal ( while the shaft is out ) and sit in the tube and then slowly drips out for a day or two. It has always stopped eventually for me, I'm thinkin thats what 'ya got goin on.
[cheers]

Lieutenant Johnson
10-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks Bobby..phewww ...thats what my buddy said that changed it... will keep an eye on things!

we gotta get wheeling bud!

dirka dave
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Maybe there is a groove on the stubshaft.:confused0006:

Lieutenant Johnson
10-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Maybe there is a groove on the stubshaft.:confused0006:

thought that too , Dave, but inspected the stub shaft and all... it is damn near perfect besides some surface rust.

Will monitor it as , it is almost all gone today ...so probable weeped down when I removed it last weekend and on a couple turns with the rag stuf in it , it ran down ... now it is coming out as the rag is out and shaft in !

4skin
10-03-2010, 05:54 PM
thought that too , Dave, but inspected the stub shaft and all... it is damn near perfect besides some surface rust.

Will monitor it as , it is almost all gone today ...so probable weeped down when I removed it last weekend and on a couple turns with the rag stuf in it , it ran down ... now it is coming out as the rag is out and shaft in !
sounds like wrong time of month 4 your jeep just sayin:D

Lieutenant Johnson
10-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice !!!!!!!hahahahah

epic3
10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
sounds like wrong time of month 4 your jeep just sayin:D

yeah you might wanna check on it every 21 days or so