View Full Version : Head gasket?

09-01-2010, 11:29 PM
my 350 started spraying water out of the exhaust manifold and dumping exhaust out about 5-10times thicker then the other side. I've had a lot of over heating issues over the last 7-8months since I got it and I have no idea when the last head gasket went but the block is almost 30years old so I'm thinking it's another head gasket?

09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
SBC = cracked head. :D

09-02-2010, 10:15 AM
They crack between the valves, get yourself a good set of camelhump or even better vortec heads

09-02-2010, 10:18 AM
[36] Vortec [36]

09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
well I had a leak coming through the gasket at the back of the exhaust manifold and when the water sprays out you can clearly see thats where it's coming out from... I'll tear it apart this weekend and see what kind of fun I'm in for lol

09-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Vortec heads just need new intake manifold bolt right on and add a few ponies.

09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Unfortunately I'm working on a bit of a budget as I'll be back at BCIT in a week, but if the head is cracked I won't waste my money and will look into the vortec asap.. Just hoping its the gasket for now..And I do have an edlebrock intake on there right now, any idea if that would be compatible with the vortec or is it a completely different bolt pattern?

09-02-2010, 06:18 PM
vortec bolt holes are vertical. older style are angled.