PDA

View Full Version : tickets for not having jeep doors on

metal muncher
08-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok... so a year ago the richmond RCMP gave me a ticket for not having doors on my 1980 CJ-7. I argued my case that i was allowed because of the year of the vehicle... which of course got me no where. I have the document from the CVSE, as well as some other email from a Mike Woods, whom was a manager of some capacity at the CVSE some time ago, stating the same thing: That CJ models up to 86' are allowed to operate on public highways without doors... So my question is has anyone, or does anyone know of anyone that has gone through the court system and won with this document? If I can get a name or a case number I can have a transcript made and take that to court as well. Then look to my left and gogo fuck yourself . My transcript will be available some time shortly after October 21st...

You'll never get me coppa' ya!!!

vajayjay
08-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Sounds familiar:confused0006:

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106326

Honky
08-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I wonder if it's the same cop out for vengeance lol

Moondog
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I wonder if it's the same cop out for vengeance lol

Not unless the cop can time travel he got his ticket a year ago dumbass [f]

metal muncher
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM
The officer's name is Mark Jenkins number 134316, Richmond RCMP traffic department. I have since received case particulars and have plans to ask for full disclosure from Mr Jenkins..(eg make the stinky cop do as much work as possible). I intend to go after Mr Jenkins for "abuse of process" seeing as he was aware at the time one model of jeep was allowed to operate without doors, but was sure that mine was not it...I informed him of "the document" from the CVSE and he therefore should have canceled the ticket, since he did not, and in my opinion is unlawfully carrying on with case, i will make the abuse of process allegation.(prob wont go anywhere, but will be priceless to see the look on his face). I have also obtained subpoena documents from the Richmond court house, and fully intend to hand one to the top cop in the Richmond traffic detachment. (that should be funny..."you've been served") anyways...updates to come...

'Balmer
09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Best o' luck with your battle dude. Stick it to "the man"!

B
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
nice good luck bro take it to the man looks like you have got it figured out ...

C-Dog
09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
The officer's name is Mark Jenkins number 134316, Richmond RCMP traffic department. I have since received case particulars and have plans to ask for full disclosure from Mr Jenkins..(eg make the stinky cop do as much work as possible). I intend to go after Mr Jenkins for "abuse of process" seeing as he was aware at the time one model of jeep was allowed to operate without doors, but was sure that mine was not it...I informed him of "the document" from the CVSE and he therefore should have canceled the ticket, since he did not, and in my opinion is unlawfully carrying on with case, i will make the abuse of process allegation.(prob wont go anywhere, but will be priceless to see the look on his face). I have also obtained subpoena documents from the Richmond court house, and fully intend to hand one to the top cop in the Richmond traffic detachment. (that should be funny..."you've been served") anyways...updates to come...

LOL that's awesome i hope al goes as planned for you man.......Oh wouldnt it be nice to have a picture of the Cop's face when ya serve him lol priceless is right :D

cambertoes
10-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Posted by summitjeep - Jeep performance (http://www.jeeppartsplanet.com)

wranglers don't need big horsepower they can go up mountains, can turn around in a swtich back instead of falling off a cliff. What else do you need? I'd definately take gobbs of grip over speed any day.
what about grand cherokees's, tons of guys seem to have them?

BuckNaked
10-07-2010, 11:06 PM

uhh wtf:confused0006: back to the point as long as it has mirrors im pretty sure they cant ticket you
________
KALASHNIKOV SOFTAIR ELECTRIC BROWN BLACK (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/kalashnikov-softair-electric-brown-black/)

redman
10-07-2010, 11:21 PM

do you have any barbie dolls ? :dontknow:

Maelthra
10-08-2010, 05:16 PM
uhh wtf:confused0006: back to the point as long as it has mirrors im pretty sure they cant ticket you

The mirror has to be on, but only CJ's up until 86 can drive without doors is what the CVSE bulletin said.

metal muncher
10-15-2010, 08:54 AM
OK here is an update... I got pulled over again just coming off the Knight street bridge on to Bridgeport. This time it was a girl cop... Sue Wirth she was upset because i had no doors on... surprise surprise... we talked and she went to her computer and very quickly determined, after checking my VIN number, that my vehicle was allowed to not have doors because of the model year of the jeep, 86 and older CJ.... the icing on the cake was that the first cop Marc Jenkins was also at the road block, had recognized me, and walked over and was standing right there when she let me go.... lofl. I told him that I might call him as a witness for my defense...

So yesterday Marc Jenkins called me to respond to a second complaint I made to his sarge 2 months ago... We argued for 20 min about the allegation he seems to be more interested in the law as HE sees it and not how it actually is!!! This makes for a dangerous cop!!!This is the third time we have argued about this!!! And the chick cop figured it out in 5 min, which of course Marc could nor comment on.... what a first class ASS. Anyway my court date is a week from yesterday. I will update after the hearing.... This is going to be fun...

old codger
10-15-2010, 09:03 AM
OK here is an update... I got pulled over again just coming off the Knight street bridge on to Bridgeport. This time it was a girl cop... Sue Wirth she was upset because i had no doors on... surprise surprise... we talked and she went to her computer and very quickly determined, after checking my VIN number, that my vehicle was allowed to not have doors because of the model year of the jeep, 86 and older CJ.... the icing on the cake was that the first cop Marc Jenkins was also at the road block, had recognized me, and walked over and was standing right there when she let me go.... lofl. I told him that I might call him as a witness for my defense...

So yesterday Marc Jenkins called me to respond to a second complaint I made to his sarge 2 months ago... We argued for 20 min about the allegation he seems to be more interested in the law as HE sees it and not how it actually is!!! This makes for a dangerous cop!!!This is the third time we have argued about this!!! And the chick cop figured it out in 5 min, which of course Marc could nor comment on.... what a first class ASS. Anyway my court date is a week from yesterday. I will update after the hearing.... This is going to be fun...

old codger
10-15-2010, 09:09 AM
When you WIN! your Court Case,maybe you should paint your Jeep a different colour & change your licence plates, cause he will sure be on the lookout for anything you may even think of doing, while driving your Jeep!!.

Honky
10-15-2010, 10:04 AM
sounds like just another cop on a power trip

metal muncher
10-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I had thought about that.... what can you do though... lol I'd love to make a police harassment allegation :eek:

Sultan Steve
10-24-2010, 02:05 PM
yeah be careful when you poke a bear with a stick.

Punk in Drublic
10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
AWSOME!!! what a dick. you should find out his usual patrol area and hold doorless jeep jamborees.

raginglepricon
10-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Good luck, I hope you teach him a real life altering lesson. Win one for the little guy [36] What an asshole2 .

metal muncher
02-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Here is the update many moons later i realize. Here is what happened in court. Constable Jenkins attempted to enter "evidence" to the JP that he had dug up at Langley jeep-dodge-crysler (guess I am never shopping there!). Some lady working there had given him the list of top options that were available for jeep CJ's (nice little photo copy from some old jeep catalog). I objected under the grounds it was hearsay.("i talked to her and she told me"... is not evidence) JP not amused lol... "but if constable jenkins would like to call this lady as a witness...." JP smiled at me and did not let the cop enter his evidence... ha ha ha... cop looked like he had been smacked in the face. so that was the end of his turn... I submitted the CVSE document (which is legal as evidence by the way) then asked the cop one question "do you have any evidence that the jeep in question was sold with doors" he stumbled with his answer... I asked three times and the little weasel could not bring himself to say no... but the JP knew what his answer was anyway... Long story short, I was the winner... The JP lectured me on safety and said "any one stupid enough to drive a vehicle without doors is an absolute idiot" I replied tell "that to every cop riding a motor bike" JP not happy again... but the verdict was already entered so... If any other CJ drivers need help with these tickets... Feel free to drop me an email nighthawkmetalworks@shaw.ca... You'll never get me coppa' !

bakelite
02-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Good for you. Always enjoy when someone sticks up for their rights and wins. Respect. [cheers]

Honky
02-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Congrats! yeah I got off my ticket as well after I e-mailed the cop the same information

and YES I will ALWAYS drive my Jeep without doors AND no front window in the summer