PDA

View Full Version : dumb question. lift without bigger shocks

LooseNuts
08-23-2010, 03:52 AM
dumb question for you guys
if any of you know me, you know i have been wanting to lift my 85 pickup for a while. i have 4inch lift leafs, and a drop drag link. and a set of 35s lined up

unfortunatly i am a broke ass and cant afford new shocks or brake lines right now.

without actually trying it, think i could put the leafs in and run the stock shocks and brake lines for a bit driving it on the road?

i have to save gas money for heading up to reesemans wedding in terrace. after that i should be able to get shocks.

bcmaxx
08-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd wait until you get shocks. If you can get them bolted up It will be very easy to over extend them. You may have to compress the suspension to even get them hooked up. They can affect cornering and driveability by maxing out.

harvester_sorrow
08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Just wait. The shocks will become your bump stops and limiting straps and you will start ripping your shock mounts off. And if you brake lines are to short you will rip them off.

kamloopsyota
08-23-2010, 12:56 PM
i ran my old truck for three months with to short of shocks and i ddint notice anything different in driving.....but i also had high steer. i would be more scared of the fact you COULD rip your brake lines in half.....but on that note.....some of the hardlines can be straightened to give you enough length or you can get celica(i think) brake lines and make your own extended lines for cheap or free

Ironman
08-23-2010, 05:36 PM
learn how to drive first

LooseNuts
08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
haha im doing pretty good for bald ATs.

anyway, ya i guess ill wait, if your not going to do it right dont do it at all.

4skin
08-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Just wait. The shocks will become your bump stops and limiting straps and you will start ripping your shock mounts off. And if you brake lines are to short you will rip them off.
prety much what hapend to mine whenthe bump stops fell out it ripped shock mounts out
wait to get the brake lines and shocks then lift it

Spedley
08-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Just cut the fenders and put the 35's on... You could keep your stock shocks and lines this way.