PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag

dirka dave
08-08-2010, 02:46 PM
When I replaced my rack/ pinion I accently spun the wheel and heard a snap.

Now my airbag light is on and my horn no workey.:mad:

( don't really care about the air bag, but I am unable to communicate with my fellow dirvers)

well ok, I might need an airbag.

I pulled the airbag out, but couldn't figure out how to disconnect it so that I could pull the steering wheel. (very weird plugs inside there)

Anyone replaced the spiral wrapped cable thingie before ? :dontknow:

dirka dirka...

tchevy
08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
you need a new clockspring. next time make sure the steering wheel is locked, then put your rack in in the same spot, to make sure you dont overextend the spring. rookie mistake, now you done it once, never will again [cheers]

just look at the connector really well, they are usualy straight forward to pull out, just need to find the release. srs connectors are always oddball.

dirka dave
08-08-2010, 07:16 PM
you need a new clockspring. next time make sure the steering wheel is locked, then put your rack in in the same spot, to make sure you dont overextend the spring. rookie mistake, now you done it once, never will again [cheers]

just look at the connector really well, they are usualy straight forward to pull out, just need to find the release. srs connectors are always oddball.

Yep....rookie mistake for sure. my 82' has no airbag.3

I totally forgot about it. [2e]

tchevy
08-08-2010, 07:32 PM
yea unless you do it often, it really doesnt come to mind. hopefully the part is reasonable.

4skin
08-09-2010, 01:56 AM
ive done them dave make sure you disconect battery when playing with air bags should un plug from bag or clock spring
plug clip has secondary clip you remove red or black plug is yellow then release lock and should pull apart
you need a clock spring

dirka dave
08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks, I did read online to disconnect the batt for a min of 2 minutes.

I can only guess on the price........

'Balmer
08-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Stupid air bags...

RIFF RAFF
08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
When I replaced my rack/ pinion I accently spun the wheel and heard a snap.

Now my airbag light is on and my horn no workey.:mad:

( don't really care about the air bag, but I am unable to communicate with my fellow dirvers)

well ok, I might need an airbag.

I pulled the airbag out, but couldn't figure out how to disconnect it so that I could pull the steering wheel. (very weird plugs inside there)

Anyone replaced the spiral wrapped cable thingie before ? :dontknow:

dirka dirka...

thats funny

theborges
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
i would really laugh if you set the air bag off while trying to remove it. that would hurt bad