PDA

View Full Version : Frame Mods

Brisk12
07-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey,

I have a question... If you do a frame mod, like cut the frame down can you still drive it on the road? Where can i find the info about that?

Explorer guy418
07-31-2010, 11:46 AM
if your planning on bobbing the box . yeah sure u can drive it on the road. if u get pulled over and vi well u might be in for some shit.

Arnee
07-31-2010, 05:32 PM
he's asking about cutting frame not box. if you have it done by a certifiend welder yes. but lots of people who are not certified do it and usually don't get caught

Explorer guy418
07-31-2010, 05:44 PM
yeah but why cut the frame unless ur bobbing it.. .............

D-Ass
07-31-2010, 08:34 PM
u cant cut down a frame any were before the suspention mounts and just weld it back together. it must be plated and bolted in side and out with a min,6 bolts per side of the cut. do not weld certifide or not it will never pass [cheers]

Moondog
07-31-2010, 09:55 PM
I cut or extend frames on a daily basis no bolts or plates are required just make sure that you get someone to do it who knows what they are doing because when and if you do get pulled over and they notice the frame mod you will get a VI all of my frames are inspected by ministry inspectors on completion [cheers]

4skin
08-01-2010, 01:35 AM
:dontknow: im not a certified welder
and i can weld on frames legaly im a collision teck:D

FU Toolbag
08-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Technically, in b.c. there are no, yes no certificates needed to weld frames. Auto body techs are allowed to work on structureal sheet metal, not seperate frame/chassis setups. That basicly means that noone can do it. It also means that everyone can do it, depending on the cop who stops you. I've sliced and rewelded frames for years, never had a problem. been pulled over and even had a csvc guy crawl under one. He poped up all pissed off I had welded my frame, told him I was a b level welder and ticketed for pressure vessels. he changed his attitude real fast and then got in a big arguement with the cop. Was funny to watch