PDA

View Full Version : engine starts dies...

Trooperhaven
07-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Had my isuzu 2.6 sitting for about ten days because I was On a hunting trip,Before the trip The truck had been around town with new gas and enjector cleaner. Went to move it Once i was home from blue earth lake,

Started died, started died, started kept the revs up by pulsing ,,, stays running, hold the revs high but at same rpm slowly drops then dies,

Replace the fuel filter, checked the gas seems okay.. Clean maf ran it with no filter while testing did not help, It has new plugs oil cap rotor wires and all that because it just came from air care before this started happening,

This engine is mostly mitubishi with an isuzu valve cover.

So any hints or tips on what i could try next would be great, thanks

Im thinking maybe the coil or fuel pump or fuel pump relay?

Anthony

radman
07-27-2010, 02:35 PM
throtle position sensor??

Troy
07-27-2010, 03:00 PM
sounds fuel related...

maybe fuel pressure regulator?

85chevy
07-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Fuel pump not putting out enough pressure would be my guess

Trooperhaven
08-03-2010, 12:47 AM
I really thought about it and did all my test,s

came down to The battery
Really dono how enough amps could even turn the starter over but then not run the truck,

so I replace my battery and the truck runs fine..

Thanks for the ideas

Anthony.

NickB
08-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Starters are gear reduction, which is why it will crank. But if there is not enough voltage, crazy things like that happen. Can't create enough spark with out good supply voltage. Also the injectors will not open unless there is over 10 volts. Yo can crank the engine with less voltage than that. Anyway good to hear you got it going.