PDA

View Full Version : god damn imports

levigardiner
07-20-2010, 10:16 AM
ok boys i got an issue with the o'l 90 toy pickup , i noticed the other day drivin home from work that in 1st gear when im taking off from a light or whatnot that when i let my foot of the clutch just a little too fast i can hear and feel this wonderful grinding noise! it sounds to be the rear diff or a u- joint but everything looks good so i thought i'd see if anyone could help me figure it out:dontknow:

4skin
07-20-2010, 11:16 AM
check gear lube in transmision

Hello Kitty
07-20-2010, 01:18 PM
get under there and check driveshaft and look around the rear diff. any leaks? anything loose? is it all greased up? and like above check fluid in tranny.

check these before crackin it all open.

or just turn the music up and you won't hear nothing.

[cheers]

dirka dave
07-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Halogen fluid all topped up ???

:confused0006:

levigardiner
07-20-2010, 01:54 PM
no leaks and fluid is good but i found something interesting, the driveshaft has a rediculas amout of play...like a quarter turn!:eek:

Jayota
07-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Where is the play? In the shaft itself??

LooseNuts
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
where abouts do you live?

if it is a Ujoint its an easy fix. if not im not sure. is the play coming from the tranny?

arjan
07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
no leaks and fluid is good but i found something interesting, the driveshaft has a rediculas amout of play...like a quarter turn!:eek:

If the rear wheels are on the ground then I would think the rear diff is suspect.

Or the halogen fluid like Dirka mentioned...

dh_4_ever
07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
invest in some precision muffler bearings.. it will be way worth it because of their life span oh yeah

that does sound like alot of play for a diff... whats the backlash specs suposed to be on a toyoda 3rd?

arjan
07-24-2010, 10:06 PM
whats the backlash specs suposed to be on a toyoda 3rd?

Less then a quarter turn on the driveshaft I'd guess :D :D

dirka dave
07-24-2010, 10:28 PM
0.007" - 0.010"

Backlash.

levigardiner
08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
what in the hell is Halogen fluid!?, i have never heard of that in my life

Gaybait
08-11-2010, 08:04 PM

:rolleyes:

Jayota
08-18-2010, 07:02 PM
...........:)

Spedley
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Driveshaft center-bearing?

Lego Racer
08-30-2010, 04:08 PM

sorry but that is kinda funny.... you will have to think on it a bit i guess.

does the pinion have play up and down? I would be leaning towards the tcase or even the input shaft on the trany... It can be many things... Best thing you can do is jack the back up block the tires and get someone to engage/ disengage the clutch then you can hear it for yourself. If you think it is somewhere you can always use a screw driver to hear it better... shit you not. metal end on the area of concern and the handle to your ear. If the noise doesn't come back it is something that is under load... move towards out put shaft on tcase or rear end... that is just my 2 pennies. good luck

epic3
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
If you decide to scrap it, the halogen fluid it still contains (if any) needs to be evacuated from the fluvial capacitance system and discarded accordingly. Canadian Tire is the registered provincial reclamation point and they can direct you to where it is located in your vehicle and the safest process to evacuate and store it before reaching them.
Contact any Canadian Tire service bay for these details.

offroadordrift
08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
If you decide to scrap it, the halogen fluid it still contains (if any) needs to be evacuated from the fluvial capacitance system and discarded accordingly. Canadian Tire is the registered provincial reclamation point and they can direct you to where it is located in your vehicle and the safest process to evacuate and store it before reaching them.
:D

dirka dave
08-31-2010, 01:12 PM

You fucking kill me Phill.....:D

epic3
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Thats just free style bs'n