PDA

View Full Version : C-Clips on Birfs ??

TWOZEROFOUR
07-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Ok who's runnin wich ones?

Im puttin in TG birfs, and i wanna run the C clip outside the birf and leave off that gay little one inse the birf.. i will also run the c clip at hub,, any one run this with sucess.

i have reard all over marlin and pirate with guys who run none of the clips trouble free.. not to into that,, but i hate beating apart the axel shaft (i know the pipe trick)

Any any one run no inner clip with a mar tack..

Feed back would be rad.

Thanks

Cory.

dirka dave
07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
I Still have the stock birfs in my 82'...I have re-grased and cleaned them about 20 times...and have removed the inner clip.

seems to still be working.

But all I do now is FSRing......:D

TWOZEROFOUR
07-12-2010, 10:54 AM
yea i have run the same ones for 7 years, on 33's and 35's no wthey are cracking around the bell where the ball sits, so im puttin in the TG ones.. so dave you just run the two square ones and leave that gay one inside the birf off? you guys runnin wip saw this year ?

dirka dave
07-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Sure going to try to run the ripsaw this year....

But with all the stuff going on I won't know until almost the friday before.

Yep, I just run the square ones.

TWOZEROFOUR
07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
how often do you shit seals

4skin
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
dont you also have arb air locker in front dave

dirka dave
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
I have an Arb in the front diff. had it in there for 10 years now.

I rebuild my front end seals about every 3 years.

stylus
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
my shafts are martacked, no c-clips, other then then one for the hub obviously, if your measurements are correct it you wont have any problems.

RCCruiser
07-12-2010, 05:38 PM
The new style Trail Gear birfs do not use the same clips. There is just the outer 'square' one in the manual hub, then there is a spring clip halfway into the star part of the birf. It holds the inner shaft from sliding into AND out of the diff.
Martacking is also a thing of the past. It's not needed on the new TG birfs OR the new Longfields.

TWOZEROFOUR
07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
The new style Trail Gear birfs do not use the same clips. There is just the outer 'square' one in the manual hub, then there is a spring clip halfway into the star part of the birf. It holds the inner shaft from sliding into AND out of the diff.
Martacking is also a thing of the past. It's not needed on the new TG birfs OR the new Longfields.

i understand daves ARB most likley retains that axel shaft from traveling in to far, so your sayin that you use one "square C clip" at hub, then that round clip inside the birf..

next question, how do you install that inner clip ?

Kevin
07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
pop the clip on and then slide the bell into the shaft, pretty simple....read the FAQ on pirate in the toyota section

RCCruiser
07-13-2010, 06:40 PM
i understand daves ARB most likley retains that axel shaft from traveling in to far, so your sayin that you use one "square C clip" at hub, then that round clip inside the birf..

next question, how do you install that inner clip ?
When you receive your new birfs from Trail Gear, you'll understand. The single round clip is already installed on the inner shaft. You'll need to supply our own 'square' outer C clip.
It's a different design from the stock shaft and birf. ;)