PDA

View Full Version : 07 broken shifter cable

Punk in Drublic
07-06-2010, 03:37 PM
im tryin to find the book time for replacing a broken shifter cable in an 07 2500 cummins auto. guy at the shop told my buddy its being a real bitch, but just too make sure hes not getting rooked i thought id look into how long it should take. cant find anything on the net, just a run around. anyone know or know of a good site to look it up?[cheers]

epic3
07-06-2010, 05:45 PM
call the dealer ship and ask how many hours labor they charge for the job.

Gaybait
07-06-2010, 06:49 PM
call the dealer ship and ask how many hours labor they charge for the job.

^ i agree with him, if u want i can check the mitchell books @ our shop. Estimators books with job times for labor rates etc.

4skin
07-06-2010, 06:59 PM
you didnt take it to bobs auto repair on london did you

Punk in Drublic
07-06-2010, 07:35 PM
no, guy who owns it is buds with ted at mr transmission, so its there, he charged an hour n a half, but he said it was a real bitch, took over 2 hours apperantly. glad we didnt taclkle it ourselves.

4skin
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
that sounds about right 4 book time

kootenaycat
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Nothing in Snap-on Shopkey for shift cable, but I'd say 2 hours would be reasonable.

Curious why/how it broke? My '06 Cummins has always been stiff to come out of park, bought it with 45,000km on it. I had the dealer I bought it from look at it and adjust the interlock solenoid but no difference. I looked at it myself and it seems like the solenoid is weak, not releasing fully all the times. Chrylser says it's not sold seperately from the cable, of course. [16]

Punk in Drublic
07-07-2010, 10:51 AM
the whole cable n everything is only 86 bux. it was actually a rock got lodged inbehind the linkage at the tranny. musta been sittin up top from sylvester and just fell down perfect when we went to turn around in the neighbours riveway. so with fukin with the shifter the cable broke. had to go underneath and find neutral to start it, then put it into gear while the bro inlaw held the brake. talk about tryin to remember if ya pissed someone off recently haha.