just do oil changes regularly just my opinion

Explorer guy418
06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
dont use tranny oil.

norm
06-25-2010, 06:34 AM
We use a product at work made by BG ,hot oil engine flush,2 part kit
1-cleaner you put in your existing oil and run for 10 min at temp and hi idle,
2-MOA (motor oil additive) put in with your new oil and filter.

I have seen this product work on several occassions to free up oil galleries
and quiet noisey lifters or chain rattle due to poor oiling.Mind if your components are damaged it's too late.Also you can just use the MOA on
regular oil changes.
It's a low buck attempt to stop some noise before a major repair,it will break
down gum and varnish.
Don't think you can buy it in stores but BG supplies alot of repair shops with
additives and flush chemicals.Prolly run ya around 30 bux for the kit.
We have used alot of different chemicals over the years and in my opinion
BG is one of the better ones:dontknow:

Always broke
06-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Very old school put half a cup in your oil and run it for an hour or so then do you oil change loosens up lots a crap and will sometimes clean passages enough that you can start getting oil where it is supposed to be ... Like in your lifters . People have been doing it for decades !!!

Toyquad
06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
i've used the bg stuff. works pretty good.

seen atf used as well. also worked good. just remember whatever you put in, do not put the engine under any load. leave it at idle.

Always broke
06-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Ya what he said!!

EIEIO
06-25-2010, 10:03 AM
We ran godzukas zuk on 50/50 auto tranny fluid and oil after he flopped it up Norrish. Made it run really smooth :D Dont know if it was bad for it, the motor is still good.

I have ran alot of ATF through my zuks motor. :party0010:

epic3
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Every oil change I do I toss 1/2 liter ATF in my motor and run around for a day before changing. I started doing it when I had a vw with noisy lifters it worked and have always done it ever since.

4skin
06-25-2010, 03:09 PM
tuna wat vehicle we talking bout herejeep or land rover
if it was like epic3 said done regular bassis
if its got lots of sludge build up could cause you grief so do it you aint gona listen anyway:D [f] [f]

Zibi
06-25-2010, 03:12 PM
I've used seafoam from NAPA, I didn't notice much of a difference but I've got a lot of noise from cracked manifolds that are louder than my lifter tick.

Excessive
06-26-2010, 02:40 PM
I've heard about the ATf trick. Apparently it works really well for cleaning inside the motor but was told not to drive the vehicle at all with the ATF in it. Rather run it for a little while then change the oil straight away. I guess if you had a lot of sludge and shit inside your motor is could cause issues else where if it all got dislodged at the same time and moved. I was going to try it on my old car and i spent a little while researching it on Google before i even considered it. Seems like there is a good amount of people that use it though.

85chevy
06-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Nice thing about ATF is all the detergents which tends to keep ur damn tranny so clean which is good but that its hydraulic oil is the reason for not putting the motor under load it would probably ruin the bearings because its much thinner then motor oil but I could be wrong.

Toyquad
06-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Nice thing about ATF is all the detergents which tends to keep ur damn tranny so clean which is good but that its hydraulic oil is the reason for not putting the motor under load it would probably ruin the bearings because its much thinner then motor oil but I could be wrong.

your pretty much correct