PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem

Moondog
06-07-2010, 08:04 PM
My Sons 95 Grand Cherokee 4 litre auto has developed a strange electrical problem. Today he went to turn off his air con and the display went black and started displaying Err and the blower will not turn off at all (even with the ignition off it still keeps blowing). When he first turned off the Jeep it would not restart so I disconnected the battery and ECU for about 10 mins reconnected it and it started but the blower still will not turn off. The only way I can get the blower to stop is by removing the 40amp blower fuse but then the Jeep will not start. Anybody got any idea what the problem might be?

dirka dave
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Its an electrical problem.....fairly sure of that.

:p

nebowe
06-07-2010, 09:33 PM
check your relays by replacing like with like

Nutbar
06-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Does this one have the "Climate control" heater with digital displays, if so they did have some problems with the control unit (the dash display) I think I might have one at the shop.

Moondog
06-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Does this one have the "Climate control" heater with digital displays, if so they did have some problems with the control unit (the dash display) I think I might have one at the shop.

Yes it does Mike by replacing that control unit would it fix the blower problem? If so how muchy do you want for it?

UU
06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
did ya look in the glove box ?

there's a peice of paper in there, if it says Jeep, then thats yer problem

4skin
06-08-2010, 09:39 AM
did ya look in the glove box ?

there's a peice of paper in there, if it says Jeep, then thats yer problem

lmao jeep guy disshin jeep oh yeah oh yeah :D