PDA

View Full Version : missing groove on stub shaft

s10 broad
05-24-2010, 07:13 PM
so i was pulling apart the hubs on my truck and noticed that the stub shaft that is supposed to have two grooves in it with one being to hold a clip in place only has one groove . so the problem being that the clip that is supposed to be there to hold the stub shaft in place cant go there becasue there is nothing to hold it there . has anyone come across this on there rideds?? and is there an easy way to get the grooves in there??? it is on a hpd44 from a 79 bronco

Apathy
05-24-2010, 07:58 PM
thats normal to only hae 1 grove.

alot of aftermarket stubs have 2 groves. I just looked at hte spares i have int he garage and 1 has 2 one has 1.. i'm not worried.

4skin
05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
just push axel out towards hub from u joint if it doesnt go pull it further apart
ive seen trucks with 2 plastic washers that wont let it push out to get clip in
grove

SquirreL-E
05-24-2010, 10:57 PM
....I don't know anyone that actually runs those clips... they all get thrown away first tear down.

D.R.800X2
05-24-2010, 11:21 PM
I die-grindered a groove in one of my spare shafts years ago....go-for-it. Theres nothing to lose man.

s10 broad
05-25-2010, 01:05 AM
i dont get why there would be a clip on one side on not on the other . why have a spot for clips and then not put them in ????? cuzi can move my axle shaft a little bit on that side and when i took it to get the vi done they said that clip should be in there????? i dunno does anybody use the clips and willif affect anything in the long run???

s10 broad
05-25-2010, 01:06 AM
I die-grindered a groove in one of my spare shafts years ago....go-for-it. Theres nothing to lose man.

that is woman actaully lol