PDA

View Full Version : what would you build/buy

270win
04-20-2010, 04:37 PM
well after some thought and being tiered of driving a 2wd truck and missing my 4x4. I am thinking of starting a project this project will be my daily driver as well as my week end worrior looking into using it as my hunting/fishing rig as well. will need to carrie my three kids at times so thinking suv somthing that is relitive easy to motify and find parts for. was thinking cherokee or tracker/sumuari what would you guys build and what type of stuff would you do to the rig like to keep it low in cost 3000.00 to 4000.00 total after said and done

Tinker
04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
well after some thought and being tiered of driving a 2wd truck and missing my 4x4. I am thinking of starting a project this project will be my daily driver as well as my week end worrior looking into using it as my hunting/fishing rig as well. will need to carrie my three kids at times so thinking suv somthing that is relitive easy to motify and find parts for. was thinking cherokee or tracker/sumuari what would you guys build and what type of stuff would you do to the rig like to keep it low in cost 3000.00 to 4000.00 total after said and done

A rough ballpark:

decent truck(worth modding): $1500-$$$$$$ hopefully unmolested

Lift (depending on truck):$1000-$2500

Tires: $800-$1500

odds and ends $500-$1000 (unexpected costs)

$3800 if ur lucky - Xj or something - to unlimited, most peoples rigs on here are never finished and always cost more, this ain't a cheap hobby!

'Balmer
04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I agree and I have a sas on the go...
If you're going to be doing some heavy mods like a sas, the smaller rigs will generally be cheaper to do since you can use stock parts from larger rigs that have also been upgraded (sidekick on toy axles for example). Still not cheap though.

4skin
04-20-2010, 06:52 PM
start with something bolt on lifts or swap kits are availabe
xj 4runner sami might be litle small with 3 kids no dis respect to balmer
i dont think much is available for pathfinders i could be wrong
try finding something already having some stuff done usualy cheeper

'Balmer
04-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Good points. Buying a built rig is almost always WAY cheaper than building your own rig. And no, There's not alot of good stuff for 'finders but check Calmini if you're interested.