PDA

View Full Version : Made it back.. with some carnage.

89burban
04-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Went down to Davis, then was headed down to east side of stave when i heard an unknown noise. Got out, checked it out.. Front shackle is broken. Well, the top bolt came undone. Took it very easy on the ride home.

The bolt is still through the frame.. just not attached to the other side, as that is the piece that is bent out.

Got some pics and videos, but not on my camera. Once I get the memory card, I'll upload them.

Ah well... what can ya do.

harvester_sorrow
04-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Tape that baby in there. I rocked a flat head screwdriver and electrical tape in my golf cart when I lost a shock bolt. Worked like a charm.

regulate34
04-08-2010, 09:45 PM
seems like you need to invest in some lock tight
last time your crossmember bolts backed out

89burban
04-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm starting to think my front driveshaft is pushing back on the t-case. Whiich is turn is putting more pressure on the crossmember. Which is why it unbolted before. Now that's bolted super tight, the bolts that attach the crossmember to the tranny are coming lose. Yea, even with lock tight.

4skin
04-09-2010, 01:13 AM
:dontknow: if front shaft is bottoming out it would break trasfer case or adapter
not losen bolt seems more like vibration drive line angles
you are running tall blocks in rear
ever had this problem driving in 2wd???

'Balmer
04-09-2010, 10:11 AM
:dontknow: if front shaft is bottoming out it would break trasfer case or adapter
not losen bolt seems more like vibration drive line angles
you are running tall blocks in rear
ever had this problem driving in 2wd???

[iagree]

89burban
04-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Nope. It only ever happens after I been wheeling. But maybe that's cuz I've been doin tons of wheeling..

I was told it's because I need spacers between the crossmember and the frame, to bring it down about an inch.

Also, the bushings for the font shackles were the wrong ones. So I need both replaced, and both shackles replaced, as the other one is bent.

I was hopin to do some wheelin this weekend.

4skin
04-10-2010, 12:44 AM
spacer might agrevate vibratition will improve rear angle
makes front worse if

4skin
04-10-2010, 12:55 AM
oops wrong button if no vibration in 2wd check front cv for bind
undo front u joint look for binding lower shaft turn it feel for bind
also how much lower than pinion with out binding