PDA

View Full Version : brake problems?

skyjacker
03-30-2010, 11:05 PM
so i blew a front caliper on my 85 chevy k3500 diesel flatdeck awhile back and i just replaced all the brakes both calipers , pads and rotors , when i pumped the petal up to tighten the calipers up to the rotors the brake fluid in the master cylinder shot up and hit the hood, at first i though i could have a collapsed line but i seem to be getting fluid down to both calipers , so for some reason i am getting a blowback of fluid im wondering if the master cylinder could be shot?

what do you guys think

thanx

tchevy
03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
lol.

thats totally normal man, just rest the lid on when you bleed it next time[cheers]

SquirreL-E
03-30-2010, 11:30 PM
gravity bleed them... then just get your helper and pressure bleed them with the LID ON ALL THE WAY...and just keep checking your fluid level... Der. or is that too hard?

AND YES they all do that if the lid is off and push the pedal.

skyjacker
04-01-2010, 05:50 PM
ok , ya i know how to bleed brakes , just dosent seem right even when the lid is on thes so much pressure in there it blows past the edge of the seal , i donno all i know is my brakes are rilly weak and there all new so i guess ill be replacing the master anyway , the booster seems fine no vissible leaks anywhere thanx for the help sorry for the dum question