PDA

View Full Version : 93 Pathfinder - Questions

Taxidermy
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Our Nissan Pathfinder has 336,000 kms. now.

There are three things that are concerning Taxi:

1. Axle - CV Boots Driver's side axle area - is bent CV boot - ripped - big - leak. When you turn the steering wheel to the right - suv sounds rough.

2. 3 belts in the motor - one is loose. worn or bald - just replaced all belts last year.

3. Motor - V6 - When driving 30 mph, you can feel the motor deccelerating and then quickly acclerating.

Anyone with some ideas on what we can do?

Yendor
03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Check of the forums at the Nissan Pathfinder Off Road Association. NPORA (http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?) for short.

TwoScoops
04-01-2010, 11:27 AM
NPORA has alot of info that helped me with my Pathy.

epic3
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM

1. Axle - CV Boots Driver's side axle area - is bent CV boot - ripped - big - leak. When you turn the steering wheel to the right - suv sounds rough.

2. 3 belts in the motor - one is loose. worn or bald - just replaced all belts last year.

3. Motor - V6 - When driving 30 mph, you can feel the motor deccelerating and then quickly acclerating.

you need a new cv shaft and probably put the wrong belts on or didn't tighten them enough when they were installed thats why they wore out prematurely and the motor issue could be a fule delivery problem or a bad TPS or MAF sensor possibly

Apathy
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM

change the cv shaft, if the boot has been worn for a long time, the cv joint will go out soon.

check alignment of the pully's. Mine are very old and no problems.

EGR valve maybe

Start with these things. Maybe take it to emissions shop and have them put it on the computer for the #3 problem.

Taxidermy
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Thank you everyone. Now I understand.