PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Steve and Chris for newbie run Sat March 13

TrailriderBC
03-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Been a guest on the site for a while but decided to join after yesterday's newbie run hosted by Steve and Chris. My stocker Tacoma (2007 Access cab, BFG AT's) did way better than I thought it could. With their direction even got down the "hard way" into Hale. Thanks for all your help guys! Great intro to the club, and to 4x4'ing with a group. Now I've caught the bug and wanna modify my truck...like now! But I've also caught the ATV'ing bug; recently bought two of 'em. Not sure if my pockets are gonna be deep enough to support both, at least to the extent I want to modify the quads and the truck. (And the darn house always seems to need more $$ for fixin too...but that can always wait right?).
I know I'll catch hell on here for not posting pictures. Took some of the newbe ride yesterday. Will try to post them when I figure out how to do that (and if I can find the damn mini cable for my Blackberry phone). Tom

yoda thrills
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
there was a newbie run yesterday.....????
wierd i didn tknow

yoda thrills
03-14-2010, 08:54 PM
looked at the calendar
didnt say thing about any newbie run.....

d0ubledown
03-14-2010, 09:16 PM
probably meant the 'maintenance' run that the association holds every month...

good to hear you had a great time trailrider... [36]

BumpNSpin
03-14-2010, 10:05 PM
there is a maintenance run the 2nd saturday of every month...
they meet at the Sasquatch around 9:45am...

also the 4wdabc is having their AGM this Mar20 at 5pm at the ABC restaurant at Schoolhouse, Coquitlam...

you dont have to be a member to be there... just to vote...

they have made some big steps towards getting Bluemountain open again... come and hear/ask about it.

bod@4wdabc.ca if you have any questions.

Phil

yoda thrills
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
maintenance run....
FIBC puts this on.....?
never herd of this

Honky
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Cheers to the 4wdabc. they have been doing great work

Happypants
03-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I plan the newbie run and I didn't hear anything about this,

the maintence runs are bc4x4's thing, not fibc,

d0ubledown
03-14-2010, 11:13 PM
actually no, its not just a bc4x4 exclusive thing. its a 4wdabc thing...meaning all 4wd'ers of bc can join in on these types of runs... ;)

perhaps the OP used the wrong word...what can ya say...he's a newbie

Honky
03-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Any event that gets you out there is a good one!

4skin
03-15-2010, 12:26 AM
[wtf] newbie run
when dos this happen happypants

Momma Taz
03-15-2010, 10:22 AM
When are you planning the next newbie and where this time? just curious

Honky
03-15-2010, 10:30 AM
We need to start a few events soon

England
03-15-2010, 11:40 AM
I plan the newbie run and I didn't hear anything about this,

the maintence runs are bc4x4's thing, not fibc,

Realy you do wow how did you ever do the first 2 then ???:confused0006::D

d0ubledown
03-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Any event that gets you out there is a good one!

absolutely kev! actually the 4wdabc is putting on a stave cleanup in june. not my usual stomping grounds, but i might sign up and give a hand...get a chance to put my trailer to more use. not really into the politics of the association, but they do as much as they can to keep our trails open...so any help they can get from the off roaders helps the cause, and keeps 4wheeling on a more positive perspective, esp when it comes to the publics perception of us...

Honky
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
I have no idea why they do the clean up AFTER the water is up. It makes no sense and I will not be involved again because of the date. I will gladly lend a hand cleaning up trails, play grounds, but NOT cleaning up a street…yes they changed the name.

I have asked why they don’t clean up the flats and surrounding trails when the water is down and all I get is blank stares.

The water is up to the road EVERY May long weekend.

Hotlips
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Good on ya for the clean up!

p.s. So whens the newbie run?

C-Dog
03-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Realy you do wow how did you ever do the first 2 then ???:confused0006::D

Get Em Timmie :D

But ya how did ya :dontknow:

England
03-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Stupid newbie member does 1 run and now its all him LOL .....

d0ubledown
03-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I have no idea why they do the clean up AFTER the water is up. It makes no sense and I will not be involved again because of the date. I will gladly lend a hand cleaning up trails, play grounds, but NOT cleaning up a street…yes they changed the name.

I have asked why they don’t clean up the flats and surrounding trails when the water is down and all I get is blank stares.

The water is up to the road EVERY May long weekend.

hmm..interesting. i dont know when the water is up or down @ stave...if i end up going to the AGM this saturday...i'll ask them. or perhaps bumpnspin can put that out there...as i think he's on the BOD.

but yeah, doesnt make sense to do a cleanup once the water is up...maybe its less work for them since they cant see all the garbage submerged in the lake...:dontknow: :confused:

Honky
03-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I know of 2 old cars the city would like to get off the beach. I have the key to the gate where they're found. It is going to take a small crew to dig them out.

I hope they change the dates to before May long if not i'll get this going

Happypants
03-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Stupid newbie member does 1 run and now its all him LOL .....

Thanks for volunteering todo this years newbie run ya wanker, :D