PDA

View Full Version : toyota tire question

jordanbennett
03-12-2010, 12:29 PM
hey guys, so im runnin 38'' tsl's on my toy right meow, im thinking about selling them and buying smaller thinking 36's my question to you guys it, for new (used) tires, what should i look for, i do know everyone has personal preferences towards different tires, but irok's are sick and pit bulls and all that, but all tires have there ups and downs, what im asking is whats a good tire for pavment as well as trail and mud that still aggressive? give me your 2 cents, pretty much thinking of getting another set of tsl bias, irok's or maybe some pitbull rockers[cheers]

Arnee
03-12-2010, 10:51 PM
groved sx or tsl. i've got the sx's havent used em much but have herd nothing but good from people who have groved em. and they aren't bad on the pavement. iroks are good for rock but will wear super fast.

stylus
03-14-2010, 11:03 AM
i would stay away from swampers for the the toy, i know many ppl that had and gotten rid of sets quickly for a better tire, although LTB's looks pretty sweet, supposedly not good in snow though, like any swamper.

iroks are obviously great, and do really well on the toyotas, just look at the hundred other ones with 36" iroks. and really for wear, there not much worse then any other tire.

rockers looked like the were great until my buddy dumped them for a set of iroks and started crawlin over everything that stopped him before. also a 37" rocker measures to 35". cept for the new radials which are "true to size" they say.

ive been running 35" big O X/T's on my toy for a couple years now. not at all a crawlin tire, but they have been beat pretty well and work decent. In the snow they are wonderful, even winter rated, but i would never actually buy a set for wheelin. probably will keep for street driving.

tires i want are the truxus m/t's, wicked tire in the snow, great for crawlin rocks, and decent on the road. Other then they will wear fast if daily driven.

look around though, see what maxxis has to offer, cause they got some pretty sweet tires to. treps!

SHITTY
03-14-2010, 11:36 AM
i got the 36" 13.50 irocs on my toy. if you are driving alot on pavement they will not last long. super soft compound. also with the iroc's the spaces between the treds are spread to far apart, if you are going to do alot of rock crawling or pounding on rocky roads they could slice easier. but i do like them. i also had the tsl's before they were good. go for the crawler they look awsome.

kamloopsyota
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
they make a non directional radial irok now to......better road manners. loved my bias iroks, no complaints.