PDA

View Full Version : Spray in bed liner in interior what to buy?

rockershocker88
03-04-2010, 09:02 PM
stripped the interior of my 4runner and wanna lay some of this liner in but don't know what to use, i got a 7 dollar can of pro-form rubberized undercoating but it seems to stay tacky... also my concern is this stuff heating up and tracking and making a mess..... can any one recommend a good product that isn't really expensive? thanks in advance for any posts, cheers -matt

CromeY
03-05-2010, 07:46 AM
dosnt just any spray on BEDLINER work?

jonny6door
03-05-2010, 08:56 AM
try the stuff called european gravel guard. its make by the same company and comes in those blue and white spray cans.
http://www.proformproducts.com/en/products/detail/?id=18

4skin
03-05-2010, 07:16 PM
[36] gravel guard wont put up with constant wear
its meant to stop rock chips
use a box liner such as gater guard
and make sure you clean and prep it good:D

85chevy
03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I believe u can get 2 different kinds of bed undercoat one that dries hard and can be painted over and another that dries tacky and can't be painted over.

B
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
ive had really good success with a product called hippo liner i got from lordco.
Its a 2 part mix together and get it spread on fast comes with a small 4" roller to add the texture finish, after you can do another coat to make it thicker if you desire but you have to do it within a hour if i remember right.

Once the 2 parts are mixed you have a limited time to get it on before it starts hardening based on temp of the atmosphere your working in it is a urethane based product so it stay's spongy kinda not brittle works decent for sound dampening as well, just like paint your prep work with make or break how well it holds and lasts ...

if you have or want to buy a shultz gun you can spray it on as well good luck [cheers]

rockershocker88
03-05-2010, 11:37 PM
wow thanks for all the post guys! i ended up going with the pro-form bedliner kit from lordco, was like 50 bucks, spent most of the day preping the whole tub,ended up brushing it on and am pretty happy with the whole thing, had some left over so i hit the bumper with a coat too, ill post some pics tommorow. thanks again.-Matt

skyjacker
03-12-2010, 08:30 PM
we just used that on my buddys truck too worked great

fullsizebronco
03-13-2010, 09:12 AM
pics !?