View Full Version : clutch cleaning

regulate34
03-01-2010, 12:04 PM
well i sunk the ford at stave
hydolocked the motor
and she sat in the mud for a little while
got the motor figured
but my clutch is weeker my guess it mud in side their

so my question is how can i clean inside the bellhousing with out pulling the tranny?

thanks again for the help spunkygt and harvester_sorrow

my idea was stuff a garden hose in the inspection hole and letter flush
but i dont know i have never had to do it yet

buck
03-01-2010, 12:06 PM
wheres the pics lucas..........:dontknow: that sucks to hear man hopefully it works out for ya

crazylike
03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
pressure wash it throught the inspection hole i dont think a garden hose will be strong enuf

'Balmer
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
If you pressure wash it I'd check you fluid/oil for water after (if you didn't get any in there already from sinking it) - could get past the input shaft seal...

regulate34
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
If you pressure wash it I'd check you fluid/oil for water after (if you didn't get any in there already from sinking it) - could get past the input shaft seal...

yeah no water in their yet
but thats why i was thinking garden hose
i thing a pressure washer would maby do damage

regulate34
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
wheres the pics lucas..........:dontknow: that sucks to hear man hopefully it works out for ya

i dont have any unless somone witha camera took some

harvester_sorrow
03-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Your welcome. This is the only pic I got. I have a video of the water shooting out but don't know how to post that.

Chopstick
03-02-2010, 07:11 PM
if you have a hydraulic clutch you shouldn't have gottin anything inside the lines, unless you broke something an its leaking :dontknow:

you can just try to wash it, but if its a new clutch i would take the trany out an try to clean it properly before the stave sand eats your clutch

85chevy
03-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Damage is probably already done if there was anything in there and u where driving it.

regulate34
03-03-2010, 08:13 AM
if you have a hydraulic clutch you shouldn't have gottin anything inside the lines, unless you broke something an its leaking :dontknow:

you can just try to wash it, but if its a new clutch i would take the trany out an try to clean it properly before the stave sand eats your clutch

clutch was week to beging with
so if i am pulling ti down i am gonna put a new clutch in it
just wanted to see if i would get a little more life out of it until i get my other vehical to drive

lincoln locked
03-03-2010, 08:59 AM
good luck on the fix [cheers]

Chopstick
03-03-2010, 07:02 PM
clutch was week to beging with
so if i am pulling ti down i am gonna put a new clutch in it
just wanted to see if i would get a little more life out of it until i get my other vehical to drive

i was in the same place you where with my old f250, well i didn't hydro lock my engine but the sand an the water just killed my already dying clutch an i got maybe a few blocks outside of stave an my pressure plate exploded.

but if you want help pulling your trany i can give you a hand, just make sure your sister is there helping too.... :D

regulate34
03-03-2010, 09:16 PM
i was in the same place you where with my old f250, well i didn't hydro lock my engine but the sand an the water just killed my already dying clutch an i got maybe a few blocks outside of stave an my pressure plate exploded.

but if you want help pulling your trany i can give you a hand, just make sure your sister is there helping too.... :D

all these fucking jeep guys and my sister go fuck yourself

clutch should not be bad
got a hoist and shit to work on
but thanks for the offer aaron

ROBO
03-04-2010, 08:01 AM
get a hose yup in there .. flush it out.. run it flush some more .. no psi tho .. just run a normal hose.. might take a bit.. clutch in . so it gets be hinde the diafram

mus-Tard
03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
[iagree] have some one work the clutch as you do it.

Jezzika69
03-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Just fix the damn thing so we can hit up stave on sunday!! Im craving it!!
Luv ya Huke :P

regulate34
03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Just fix the damn thing so we can hit up stave on sunday!! Im craving it!!
Luv ya Huke :P

GET THE FUCK OFF THE SITE.....AND GET YOUR OWN JUNK:mad0217: