PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

gowen
02-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Hi, I have lived in BC all my life. Born in N. Vancouver, raised in Kamloops and Prince Goerge. Graduated from high school and got into the skydiving scene then moved around the province enjoying the sport. Met my wife as a student jumper, spend a couple years in the sport together before getting married and raising a family. Kids are all moved out now, one is quite active in the sport.

In the eighties we were able to purchase a piece of lakeshore property for the family. Next came the snowmobiles with up to five sleds at one time so everyone had a ride. Later in th mid ninties we acquired a couple quads and quite enjoy taking quad trips around BC.

BC is a gorgeous place to live. A great number of us BC's enjoy motorized sports within the province, however out there is a group of people who are working diligently to curtail our sport. I encourage every motorized recreational user to join a club. one associated with a provincial and federal body to help protect our rights to the land base.

[cheers]

Gowen

Daryl
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you will have lots to offer.

Honky
02-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey Gowen great intro and welcome to funinbc

My wife and I were into skydiving for a number of years as well. In fact I was the first student at Pitt medows ....wow I guess that is going back a few years. we have done a few jumps in Prince Goerge and Kamloops. Anyways good to have you aboard and hope to see ya on the trails soon.

Kevin

Happypants
02-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the site, looks like we got a few more ppl to come skydiving with us this summer,

Always broke
02-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the site......

And why for you jump out of perfectly good airplane?

DeeDee
02-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Welcome [cheers]

CITYSLICKER
02-24-2010, 11:01 AM
And why for you jump out of perfectly good airplane?

probaly got pushed

'Balmer
02-24-2010, 11:03 AM
:welcome: good intro dude. I've done a few static line jumps... would be cool to get certified!

4skin
02-25-2010, 12:46 AM
have you seen the planes they use in aditchsford youd wana get out:D
welcome to the board enjoy
our escapes

Happypants
02-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Fuck Abby, goto Pitt it's closer and there not all high on coke either,

lincoln locked
02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
welcome from the okanagan