PDA

View Full Version : glass in a burban

FU Toolbag
02-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Got a 93 burban and a 99 tahoe What's the best way to pop out the back windows? I don't think anyone wants to know why, but I need to swap them. I was planning on popping the interior pannels and using a 1" utility blade to cut the urothane. I'm assuming they are glued in like they do the truck back windows. Anything special I should know?

Caribourob
02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
depending on the year they might be just rubber gaskets so just take the plastic LOCK piece out of the seal on the outside and gently pull the window out of the opening, like older pick up windows. To re-install, put a 1/4"rope in the window seal as it sits over the window and place the window over the opening, then pull the rope from inside, ensuring the rubber seal is folding over the pinch weld as you pull the rope out. If they are urethaned, cut from the inside with a razor blade or exacto knife and re urethane them back in place.

FU Toolbag
02-14-2010, 09:38 PM
depending on the year they might be just rubber gaskets so just take the plastic LOCK piece out of the seal on the outside and gently pull the window out of the opening, like older pick up windows. To re-install, put a 1/4"rope in the window seal as it sits over the window and place the window over the opening, then pull the rope from inside, ensuring the rubber seal is folding over the pinch weld as you pull the rope out. If they are urethaned, cut from the inside with a razor blade or exacto knife and re urethane them back in place.

I stated the years. I wasn't ball parking or guessing? They are glued in, not rubbered in.

Caribourob
02-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Ok then........

nbrowser
02-16-2010, 01:42 AM
I've heard piano wire cuts the goop nicely....just be careful when getting it through to the other side and wrap it around wooden handles...easier on the hands. Take your time sliding it around the opening and glass, no need to rush if you need to save the glass.

ottoman
02-17-2010, 08:10 PM
glued for sure not much fun either