PDA

View Full Version : any good shops?

thrillbilly
02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Ok so National didn't want to deal with Deaver products or even look into them, so I go to NSOR in Langley to ask about the coils I'm looking for. The guy at the counter has never heard of Deaver. Hmm... So he looks them up and calls BajaNorth and after awhile hangs up and says $370 for a pair. I'm thinkin holy crap, unreal, over 400 with tax for coils..

So I settled for BDS coils as "apparently" they are softer than skyjacker or superlifts.

Anyways I go home explain this story on another forum and sure enough, Dale from BajaNorth is a member.. He makes a post and recalls the phone call with NSOR and says he himself quoted NSOR at $260CAD for the set, and asked if they should make a call to see if they are still available for me. NSOR staff member said no.

The BDS are being shipped C.O.D. for $210 after tax but if I am told of another shop with more honest people / better price then I would be glad to give them my business instead!!!!!!!!

Had to rant, open to experiences with NSOR or tips on another shop!
Thanks.

epic3
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey google is your friend I'm not to intelligent and found this in less then ten seconds http://www.deaverspring.com/dist.html
Scroll to the bottom of the page and look to the right.

As a consumer these days there is little to gripe about when looking for parts. Educate yourself and you'll have less problems.
Service issues are a whole other ball of wax tho.

thrillbilly
02-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Yes I have now spoken with BajaNorth and had emailed prior to talking to NSOR.
Was thinking to find a shop local like in lowermainland.

m j
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
any local shop is going to rape you
that is how they pay the rent and the government
feeding middle men is expensive in Canada

what springs are you after? outside diameter and lb rating?

thrillbilly
02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah just a shock to me I have never seen an ADDITIONAL markup of over $100 on a $200 part... lol.

Springs for a 80-96 f150. no idea the diamter off hand, EDIT: i have no idea the spring rate im after, i know smaller trucks can get away with 200-250lbs. just want something soft.. i dont haul or drive like its a ferrari so stiff is not a bonus for me lol.

dirka dave
02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
FUCK NSOR !!! go fuck yourself

just my 2 cents.

epic3
02-10-2010, 05:27 PM
the stock spring diameter is 5.5 inches

bryceyoda
02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
i hate dealing with nsor and national so i been buying everything off the internet and get it shipped to H street just across the border takes only a few minutes to get there and pick it up. ive never paid taxes or duties once. if you get pulled in its 12% tax and if its not made in usa its an extra 6%. i save tons of money that way!!

pumpkin
02-10-2010, 08:05 PM
They are a buisness, and to stay in buisnes they have to mark up the prices. Its somewhere around 42 percent markup a buisnes needs to stay in buisness. Of course you can find most stuff cheeper by doing a bit of googling, but that doesn't mean you should be bashing a buisness for trying to stay in buisness.

85chevy
02-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Yea I got my yukon shafts ordered through Sport trucks but I bought them from Wakefield Sperling don't kno if they get them cheaper or not but both inners and outers and joints for $500 I thought was alright but it took like 2 weeks to get them. People have to make money but sometimes it gets a little expensive.

epic3
02-10-2010, 08:34 PM
They are a buisness, and to stay in buisnes they have to mark up the prices. Its somewhere around 42 percent markup a buisnes needs to stay in buisness. Of course you can find most stuff cheeper by doing a bit of googling, but that doesn't mean you should be bashing a buisness for trying to stay in buisness.

Some guys just dont get that
The internet has no overhead and when you got overhead profit margins are what pays for that.
As a new business owner I am quickly figuring that out.

85chevy
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
In truth most of the time if a business can get me what I want when i need it and I don't have to wait its worth that extra few dollars u pay then if I ordered it off the internet. Besides if I get the wrong part its a hell of a lot easier to return the wrong part to a person and get the right part then it is to have to phone and wait for said new part to get there.

thrillbilly
02-10-2010, 11:53 PM
yeah but over $100 markup on an already marked up $260 part is pretty overkill.
I'm not THAT dumb i understand the concept of markup for profit, but you can only try and nab so much cash from a customer before it becomes corruption, in my opinion anyway.. just sayin..

dirka dave
02-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Have you tried Jeep Thrills ?

:dontknow:

epic3
02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
"yeah but over $100 markup on an already marked up $260 part is pretty overkill."

Thats not markup thats gouging

85chevy
02-11-2010, 09:31 AM
$100 more could be what they pay to get it into the country for u they have to pay brokerage and taxes and shipping so really they might not be that far off.

thrillbilly
02-11-2010, 12:11 PM
The shop that quoted 260 is from kamloops.

And dirka I pmd B but nothin back yet lol will probably check them out when I buy shocks next pay....

cabagedoll
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
what about killer customs

Ginger Snaps
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
The shop that quoted 260 is from kamloops.

And dirka I pmd B but nothin back yet lol will probably check them out when I buy shocks next pay....

why not call him:dontknow: 604 465 5559

Arnee
02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
B's down at koh this week. he's got a buddy running the shop this week but i fyour not in a rush just wait and give him a call later next week

'Balmer
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Springs for a 80-96 f150. no idea the diamter off hand, EDIT: i have no idea the spring rate im after, i know smaller trucks can get away with 200-250lbs. just want something soft.. i dont haul or drive like its a ferrari so stiff is not a bonus for me lol.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-169
You can find what you need here if you want to do the on-line thing.:dontknow:

thrillbilly
02-12-2010, 04:21 PM
the BDS ones werent bad priced.. broncograveyard ones are 140 then into CAD then tax then shipping.. would be about what i paid for the BDS.

now the coils r sittin in my pile.. and NSOR has decent deals on shocks. finally one thing they aren't retarted with.. 45bucks for pro comp shocks and 135 for bilsteins. hoping to go bilsteins up front and simple procomps in the rear.

Ginger Snaps
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
B's down at koh this week. he's got a buddy running the shop this week but i fyour not in a rush just wait and give him a call later next week

you sure about that...:rolleyes:

Arnee
02-13-2010, 10:37 AM
you sure about that...:rolleyes:

:confused: he better not have pulled out on the trip:mad0215: