PDA

View Full Version : TOYOTA GEARS

jkgirl
02-07-2010, 06:50 AM
hey i got a toyota and i am wondering about the gears. the guy we got it from never got around to changing the gears in the front and im wondering if i am correct... it has stock diffs, now the new gears are already set in another housing... now can i just throw it in or does it need to be re-set up?

gavman
02-07-2010, 07:58 AM
If the new gears are set up properly in another third then you can just install that in the axle and no need to re set them. If might be worth having someone who knows about swapping gears have a look at it to see if it as done properly.
When you do get them installed go easy on them for a couple of weeks to give them time to mesh properly with each other[cheers]

jordanbennett
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
yeah im with gavman, they should be stock if he didnt do anything with them, probably 410's but could be different, when your thirds out turn your ring and see if there any teeth missing or any wear in places, if your still stuck, give my buddy a shout, in langley has a place called gear'd customs, gears are his thing, darrell 604 341 9187[cheers]

TWOZEROFOUR
02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
what colour is the paint on the pinion nut? (where the flange is) i have been sucessful a few times by that.