PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 way near somewhere

Lazybaka
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
some of you may know, the oilpump packed in on my xj and I've been rebuilding the motor with a bit more zoom, not a stroker (yet) but a nice .40 over , cam , 96 head with bigger valves and some other goodies.

I finally got the call that th head is ready to build, and need to drop off some
seals so hey can check the installed hight as they cut the seats and we changed springs to match the cam :)

I've been rocking around in a 91 4cyl yj with wicked fuel econemy but I really want th xj back ..

I'll drop some picks soon :)

dh_4_ever
02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
dont forget to get a 2000 xj/tj/wj 4L intake, and bore out the stock throttle body to straight bore. get higher flow injectors (what year is your truck?) you will need a 6cyl fuel pump

and gasket match your manifolds and head, makes a world of difference flow

Lynx
02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
headers [36]

dh_4_ever
02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
im running a banks torque tube header, intended for a higher torque, with a steady curve (adds alot more torque at 1000-1200 rpm, and is steady all the way to 4 grand) costly header though, I had one crack on its welds (poor penetration and heat treatment) but was replaced with warantee no questions asked.

I havent heard of any issues with borla's... Ive heard im not the only one with issues with banks in the last couple of years... poor welding. but thankfully life time warantee

Lazybaka
02-06-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm all hooked up , need a TB and I'm ready to build , it'll be nice to have the XJ on the road