PDA

View Full Version : Wrenching motivation

Lynx
01-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Okay, so your rig is half torn apart and it's been sitting their for months. You don't feel like wrenching anymore...

Sucks, thousands of dollars for fun just sitting their. Forget how fun getting stuck and muddy was. What do guys do for motivation? :confused0006: Was thinking a drive up to Stave or something...I know this happens to lots of others and they just sell their stuff for next to nothing, move on, then wish they had it back in two years.

Happypants
01-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I just to work on it, not wheeling my jeep is a bad thing, plus I got a few ppl to kick me in the ass when Im nor feeling like working I
On it, which is rare, building stuff and doing repairs is relaxing to me, till I get pissed off and throw my tools LOL

yoda thrills
01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Okay, so your rig is half torn apart and it's been sitting their for months. You don't feel like wrenching anymore...

Sucks, thousands of dollars for fun just sitting their. Forget how fun getting stuck and muddy was. What do guys do for motivation? :confused0006: Was thinking a drive up to Stave or something...I know this happens to lots of others and they just sell their stuff for next to nothing, move on, then wish they had it back in two years.

you and i are in the same situation my friend, im gettin motivated slowly but sureley, jus need cash to do the things i wanna do, nd for me its about maken me happy and haven fun, more happiness i could care a less if im just drivin fsr's all day just as long as im cruisen my rig. i got to the point of givenupness, but im startin to jus say go fuck yourself nd get down to it.
and with drama in life here and there these days the only thing i wanna do is be happy nd wheel my truck.[36]

rockycotton
01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Buy some beers get some buddies over and have some fun .. Thats what i did when I rebuilt my ford .. Or smoke a fatty and go at er .. lol

stevem
01-14-2010, 11:54 PM
i was the same way but just pushed through it and got it running last weekend and going on a test run this weekend, I love it now just do it

Chopstick
01-15-2010, 12:18 AM
tag along on wheelin trips, by the time you get home your ready to work on anything, if your not too drunk :rolleyes:

cherokeeinprogess
01-15-2010, 03:34 AM
lol mine sitting in garage with front diff sitting on floor beside it torn down waiting for me to put the new one in !!!! and me saying every weekend i wana wheel again

dirka dave
01-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Are you done yet ?

lincoln locked
01-15-2010, 08:26 AM
ya my junk is taking me to long, i think im going to get dressed and do some wrenhing right now well myby in an hour or soo :dontknow:

lincoln locked
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
i was the same way but just pushed through it and got it running last weekend and going on a test run this weekend, I love it now just do it

right on i would love to see that truck in action where abouts are you going ?

Happypants
01-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm gonna go wrench in a little bit once I have my morning coffee,

85chevy
01-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Having to stock pile parts to do something gets annoying and always wondering if yea got everything before yea start tearing it apart I got shackle flip, new rear diff, front and rear springs, shocks, raised steering arm but I think the only thing remaining is u bolts then new gears for the front. I would love to tear my truck apart right now but using it for ski trips and hauling supplies to the in laws cabin under construction takes priority before my truck gets lifted 4-5 inches. But ur have made me wanna go mess around with my new rear end[36]

UU
01-15-2010, 10:09 AM
see ya, I gotta go work on the Willys

loneranger
01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
i would be working on my truck right now if i was not in school in kamloops. then i also have the slight problem that my truck is in creston and i dont have the money to drive there for the weekends to work on it. I just need that truck to be done i almost forget what it is like to get stuck every weekend.

shawn_ruley
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
buy some new tools...nothing worse than buying a new tool but not having anything to do with it right away:p

D-Ass
01-15-2010, 11:33 PM
quit! give up! life is over! kill your self NOW!

or just go and work on your shit! :D

OldEnuff
01-16-2010, 12:45 AM
meh... I think I'll just go kill myself....... it will be easier :D

Lynx
01-16-2010, 10:04 AM
buy some new tools...nothing worse than buying a new tool but not having anything to do with it right away:p

nice, i like that one [cheers]

So I talked to my uncle and i'm gonna head over tonight get the jeep pretty well finished and in the morning we will pull his nova motor. :party0010:

Hopefully all goes well

Apathy
01-16-2010, 10:12 AM
make plans for a trip like 6 month away (or how long it will take to complete realistically) this way you have to get it done or your trip is fucked.

I have a trip planned in feb, I can't miss this trip.. NO FING WAY. so i must get it done.. give me motivation

Lynx
01-16-2010, 02:45 PM
well it's drivable now, tonight gonna get the locker and misc. stuff done.

Rides better than my new dodge!

Troy
01-16-2010, 05:04 PM
i usually go to stave or watch cool truck videos on you tube and look at old pictures and think, man that was fun i gotta get that thing done

but then money and time is usually the big issue

FU Toolbag
01-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I have a tow rig in the back i've stalled on, a exploder I'm waiting on parts for, a sammi that is just started, a deck truck that needs parts and another progect I just started last week. I think it's a.d.d. I'm very motivated, just distracted easily.

Happypants
01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
why dont you just get your ass in gear and go work on your shit ya lazy fuck!!

that enuff motivation for ya lol :D

fj401ton
01-16-2010, 08:45 PM
get married,,

you will want to get your shit done so you can get out of the house.

worked for me

cruiser45
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
[stupid]

FZJ80
01-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Break your project up into smaller weekly goals and stop looking at it as one big goal.
Make yourself work on it every day even if it means just cleaning up your work area.

Troy
01-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Break your project up into smaller weekly goals and stop looking at it as one big goal.
Make yourself work on it every day even if it means just cleaning up your work area.

ya thats the way you gotta do it

organization is key

like tonight i just finished fabbing my doubler plate and bolted up. thats all i wanted to get done and now im eating nachos[36]

glopedawg
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
The biggest motivation for me is reading Petersons 4WOR magasine or Toyota 4WD Owner magasine and seeing all the guys wheeling their backyard creations and it makes me want to do the same. Also just getting outside and looking at my truck will make me want to just start wrenching on it.

skyjacker
01-26-2010, 10:32 PM
i was the same way my truck sat for almost a year and i bareley did anything to it , if it wasnt for nick(whitetrash) telling me to finish it i wouldnt have , but shes standing on all 4s now and let me tell ya its a blast and to know you built it is a even better feeling