PDA

View Full Version : Frame repair or work in Kelowna

El Camino
01-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm looking for someone with knowledge on splicing a frame in Kelowna. I have a project on the go to stretch a frame and need some advice from a pro. This wont be a slap together thing. Basically I want to either splice 2 frames together, or add a 15" straight section to lengthen a single frame. Not sure which route I will take, hence the advice. Anyone have a shop they can recommend or have experience with this type of thing? Thx

D.R.800X2
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Talk to, FU250 on here.

Trooper
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Its allot better to get it done right on the side. Frame mods as far as I know require NDT and aproval from MOT or TC. I been NDTing a couple HIABs a week because the CVIS really cracking down.

El Camino
01-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I would rather get it done outside of a shop for sure. Private would be better. I just need to find someone who knows what to do and wants the work.

regulate34
01-03-2010, 10:11 AM
send mudchild a pm
i know he has had frame work done in the last month or so
dont know is he did it or had it done

FU Toolbag
01-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I did one a couple years ago adding 22" to a ford frame to go to a x-cab, did another by putting 2 together, just longer, done a couple toy long box trucks into short box. B.C. has a rather weird situation in there frame mod rules.

And I work at a shop that builds approved decks and truck boxes. and i was presure certified, but that's lapsed. The last time I did a cwb test, of the 9 guys to test, only 2 passed the first time. I was one of those 2. And those tests were not ndt test, which I have fooled on purpose. It's ammazing how terrible a weld can be and pass ndt. You want to test, destroy a weld.

My guess would be that you don't want to cut up annother frame, unless you can find one thats hit and bent. It is far stronger to weld 2 frames together than to splice in a section, basicly, one weld zone as opposed to 2.

I have a frame I spliced that way here if you want to come take a look.

Trooper
01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
I did one a couple years ago adding 22" to a ford frame to go to a x-cab, did another by putting 2 together, just longer, done a couple toy long box trucks into short box. B.C. has a rather weird situation in there frame mod rules.

And I work at a shop that builds approved decks and truck boxes. and i was presure certified, but that's lapsed. The last time I did a cwb test, of the 9 guys to test, only 2 passed the first time. I was one of those 2. And those tests were not ndt test, which I have fooled on purpose. It's ammazing how terrible a weld can be and pass ndt. You want to test, destroy a weld.

My guess would be that you don't want to cut up annother frame, unless you can find one thats hit and bent. It is far stronger to weld 2 frames together than to splice in a section, basicly, one weld zone as opposed to 2.

I have a frame I spliced that way here if you want to come take a look.

I dont know why you think that. I would rather do a bend test ANYDAY then a full xray NDT. All ASTM and ASME Pressure vessel test coupons require NDT not detructive test LPI is not accepitble . I NDT ( I hold my radiography, eddy current, LPI, mag particle and UT tickets I'll find the tungsten from a scatch start everytime. NDT is used to descibe all non destructive tecniques

El Camino
01-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Huh? Please translate to dummy text

(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:%20leoHighlightsIFrameClose%28%29;)