PDA

View Full Version : Christmas ticket...

Vastier
12-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I decided to take the TJ out a couple days ago just to get the tires round again and get a coffee. I turn right on Vedder and notice there's a cop at the corner... no worries, I stopped before turning right on the red. The guy who was behind me wasn't even close to stopping... just sailed right around the corner behind me. Guess he didn't see the unmarked charger. Now we're a couple hundred feet up the road and I'm doing 53 and this guy flys past me about 65-70 in the 50. Now I see the cop moving up fast and on go his lights. What was strange is that he wasn't interested in the unsafe driver that just past me after running a red light. He was pulling me over:confused0006:
He asks me how big my tires are and comments on how well it's put together[36] Apparently I don't have mud flaps... just like EVERY other jeep out there. I just stood out enough I suppose.
I guess not having mud flaps is a bigger deal than speeding or running red lights.:mad0217:
Well having family members being current and retired RCMP and the fact that it's Christmas was just enough to get me a warning:D

Now I've got to figure out a solution to removable mud flaps that don't look gay[16]

Honky
12-22-2009, 10:34 AM
....good luck they all look gay

Vastier
12-22-2009, 10:39 AM
So I can't really argue with the cop... it is pretty bad.

Just need to figure out how I'm going to do this:confused0006:
I just need to be able to hang some temporary things on there while it's around town here.

vajayjay
12-22-2009, 10:39 AM
[stupid]

I was getting followed last night just waiting for the red and blues to come on but he left me alone :D

Should also look into some sort of removable mud flaps

Vastier
12-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Cop told me that they have to be on regardless of road conditions, wet or dry. I always thought that it was just wet roads or any surface that your tires might through up debris.

C-Dog
12-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Cop told me that they have to be on regardless of road conditions, wet or dry. I always thought that it was just wet roads or any surface that your tires might through up debris.

:dontknow: why u would think that tires throw rocks / debris on road surface wet or dry..................U could make a slid in spot on the back of your bumper could u not

Vastier
12-22-2009, 11:10 AM
:dontknow: why u would think that tires throw rocks / debris on road surface wet or dry..................U could make a slid in spot on the back of your bumper could u not

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking but just under corner of the tub. That bumper's gonna go soon. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

England
12-22-2009, 11:21 AM
grab some thick rubber and just make some quick disconnects mate then its all good

Happypants
12-22-2009, 06:16 PM
i used some angle iron and plain black floor mats, they worked well,covered the entire tire and they were so long they dragged along the ground lol, then the front tires you can just use the regular small mud flaps that you can buy from crappy tire, that bolt onto the inside of the wheel well and come down the back side,

hey since your home... how long are you home for? i think you need to come out wheeling with us after christmas..........**nudge nudge** :D

crazylike
12-22-2009, 06:31 PM
just get some semi truck rubber flaps with the naked chick they come attached to the square metal rod just drill a hole in the metal rod and use a cotter pin or what have you to keep it in place...

redman
12-22-2009, 06:51 PM
saran wrap

Vastier
12-27-2009, 09:59 AM
i used some angle iron and plain black floor mats, they worked well,covered the entire tire and they were so long they dragged along the ground lol, then the front tires you can just use the regular small mud flaps that you can buy from crappy tire, that bolt onto the inside of the wheel well and come down the back side,

hey since your home... how long are you home for? i think you need to come out wheeling with us after christmas..........**nudge nudge** :D

I'm home till March/April [36] Going down to Mt. Baker for New Years and Boarding then I've got about 3 months free for wheeling and boarding[36]

89burban
12-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Why not weld a peice of 3" steel bar to the wher eyou want the mud flaps. Have a bar made up that's just small enough to slide into the one welded to the truck. Have the mud flaps attached to the small one. Now there will need to be a slot on the bar mounted to the truck for the hangers to be attached to the mudflap and slide in... So I think having it on the part facing the front would be best, So the weight isn't where the slot is, and air flow will push it backwards. The mud flaps would attach to the front face of the smaller bar to slide into the other bar. Slide the whole thing and lock it with 2 so bolts going through both bars.

Looks like you can attach to the front of the rear bumper.

Hell, can even have the bar bolted to the truck on an angle, so gravity pulls the smaller bar down and towards the center of the truck. Then bolt it in, or use a pin.

Just a theory.
Now I don't know about the sizes.. They could very, but I think the setup would work.

Redneck Lincoln
01-05-2010, 09:29 PM
you can get a good set up from a truck shop (tek truck) i used to work there or contact me Darren (i now work in port kells for Harbour International)
mud flap 24"X30" part #KR062430B $8.32 ea
hanger part #ZFA03400426 $15.56 ea
mount bracket part #N232 $6.08 ea
these work great easily modified to fit anything. i can always bing home with me as i live in sardis.

calltrex
01-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Canadian tire sells truck flaps too. i made mine with 1" square tube. slides into another square tube that i welded to the frame behind the tire.

brandonf250
01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
ya mine pin in with a hitch pin works great and never get hassled,and i drive a fullsize f150 and the frame is shortened 32" and on 37",nothing looks stock

Vastier
06-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Seeing another thread on Mud Flaps I realized I hadn't updated my fix...

Just picked up the generic flaps at CT
Bolts on to mounts with wing nuts.

78bronco
06-02-2012, 09:19 AM
doesnt look to bad

jnyblazer
06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
yes i am going to do the same thing with the 1" square tubing, slide into. but going to make a bottom sandwitch metal piece that a peice of chain stops it from going the wrong way....