PDA

View Full Version : only ford could be this gay .... [f] diesel exhast fluid hahahhahahha

B
12-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Hahahaha, next it will be headlight fluid.

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers
Subject: COMING SOON - Motorcraft Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)

The following information is provided to prepare Dealerships for the launch of the new 6.7L Diesel engine in the 2011 F-Super Duty. A more detailed communication will be released in January, 2010 once the new Motorcraft Diesel Exhaust Fluid is released for ordering.

WHAT IS DEF?
A non-hazardous clear fluid (67% deionized water / 33% chemically pure Urea) that is injected into the diesel exhaust system to reduce NOx emissions.

WHY DEF?

Required for the 2011 model year F-Super Duty 6.7L Ford diesel to meet 2010 EPA emission regulations
For use with competitive make vehicles using a SCR (selective catalytic reduction) system
The majority of diesel (light and heavy duty) manufacturers will use DEF to meet the new requirements
PART ORDERING
A communication will be sent in early January to announce product ordering details. In general:

DEF is a supplier direct ship product, similar to Motorcraft Coolant & Refrigerant
Dealers can order product directly or through their facing Ford Authorized Distributors
FADs will have product by late January (prior to dealers receiving vehicles)
KEY DATES

Motorcraft Diesel Exhaust Fluid will be available to order early January 2010
Super Duty Job1 is January 18, 2010
Super Duty "ok to buy" is March 8, 2010
MOTORCRAFT PACKAGE OFFERINGS
Part Number Package Size Dispenser
PM-27-1G 1-gallon Bottle Fast fill - no spill nozzle included
PM-27-J 2.5-gallon Jug Fast fill - no spill nozzle included
PM-27-D 55-gallon Drum Pumping equipment required (Rotunda)
PM-27-T 275-gallon Tote Pumping equipment required (Rotunda)

DISPENSING EQUIPMENT

55-gallon drums and 275-gallon totes will require specialized pumping equipment offered by Rotunda.
Look for special pricing in the Rotunda 2010 NADA Promotion with pricing effective January 1 – March 31, 2010.
Order on the web at FMCDealer.com / Technical Tools / PTS, then click on Rotunda / GSE, or by calling 1-800-ROTUNDA (768-8632), and select option #2.
ROTUNDA DEF DISPENSING EQUIPMENT OFFERINGS
Part Number Description Price
256-00167 DEF 55 Gallon Drum Dispensing System – Electric $1,399.00
256-00168 DEF 275 Gallon IBC Tote Dispensing System - Electric $1,599.00

ACTION REQUIRED

Familiarize yourself, and your employees, with Motorcraft Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
Plan to order DEF to ensure availability for your customers
Capitalize on the lowest cost per gallon cost of purchasing 55-gallon drums or 275-gallon totes
1 & 2.5-gallon containers are recommended for consumers wishing to have DEF on hand
Order as soon as available. Dealers with inventory of Motorcraft DEF will have their contact information placed on the Department of Energy (DOE) DEF locator website. http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/def/
Ford will be providing this information to the DOE based on dealer inventories of DEF verified purchases in early January 2010.
FAQ
Why use Motorcraft DEF?
Motorcraft DEF is API certified, meeting ISO22241, and is the only fluid approved and recommended by Ford Motor Company. Inferior product may result in costly damage to the SCR system. System damage as a result of inferior fluid is not eligible for warranty reimbursement.

How is the vehicle filled with DEF?
The fluid is supplied through a fill port located next to the diesel fuel fill port; it has a blue cap clearly marked for diesel exhaust fluid.

What is the capacity of the vehicle DEF tank?
The DEF tanks have a five to six gallon capacity, depending on the vehicle configuration.

How frequently will DEF need to be replenished?
The system is designed to last approximately 7,500 miles between fill ups, coinciding with the oil & filter change interval. However, depending on customer use, replenishment may need to occur more frequently.

Is there a DEF tank level gauge?
The vehicle instrument cluster will provide indication of fluid level in the DEF tank, as well as provide warning messages when the DEF is low and needs to be refilled.

Can the vehicle be operated without DEF?
The vehicle will not operate properly without DEF. When the vehicle DEF monitoring system detects no DEF is available, the vehicle initially goes into a speed limiting mode and then progresses into an idle only mode.

How should DEF inventory be stored?
DEF should be stored out of direct sunlight in temperatures between 23F and 86F (-5C and 30C)

Freezing point is 12F (-11C)
Prolonged storage at higher temperatures will cause DEF to breakdown reducing shelf life.
Storing DEF at 86F reduces shelf life to approximately 12months.
Can DEF freeze in the vehicle?
Yes. However, Ford Motor Company vehicles have a tank and line heater to ensure the vehicle operates in extremely cold climates.

[2]

D-Ass
12-20-2009, 11:19 PM
so they go and put 8 cats in a gas suv to poring liquid down the exhaust in a diesel!!!

man ford cant get shit all they make to pass emissions [15]

m j
12-21-2009, 12:00 AM
urea is piss is it not?
and it aint just ford so nice try there http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/html/en/products/fuel/diesel_emission/urea.html
google it

• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (AdBlue in Europe) prices have increased by a modest amount in Europe during 2008:

– AdBlue prices delivered to customer yards in different formats increased by about $0.30-$0.50 per gallon, or 15-30%, during 2008 to June. There were no increases during 2007.
– AdBlue prices at retail pumps at truck stops have increased by a smaller amount, around 5-10%. Retails pumps are an increasingly important supply choice for customers in Europe.

Cheese eyes
12-21-2009, 12:07 AM
[15] [15] [15] what will they think up next[15] [15] [15]

:run away

B
12-21-2009, 12:10 AM
ahhhhh dam well im gonna have to keep mine a few years longer then fawking bureaucracy we just figured out that global warming is a fawking hoax and these douche bags are still gonna keep fawking everything thing up for lower emissions

Toyquad
12-21-2009, 12:22 AM
yup its more then just ford. cummins will be using it in the new year as well

Briannishi
12-21-2009, 04:14 AM
Its a form of blutec it will be on everything diesel from tractors to heavy equipment. I think its slated to be legislated in within 3 years. I know the trucking companies are already buying there tractors with blutec as of now.

radman
12-21-2009, 07:27 AM
yep, budy just ordered a new freightliner with a cummins, and you have to put in about 1 gal every 2 tanks and it dispences it as needed. a buntch more shit to go wrong. ever since they started screwing arround with deisel emissions, starting with the egr coolers that seam to fail regularly, dpf's that need regular cleaning and replacement and now dpf fluid, this crap keeps screwing up and costing the owners a buntch of $ to keep their trucks running. and ya dont just blame ford.

Briannishi
12-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Its going to suck for anyone using any kind of heavy equipment thats going to have to retro fit it existing or buy new machinery.

Cheese eyes
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
ya good for the enviroment but... ya still got to wonder how the they came up with it and let alone all the tests to come up with the correct piss to water ratio[15] [15] [15]

chevydan
12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Yep, it's a widespread emissions thing coming out in order to comply with the EPA's 2010 emissions policy for diesel on highway engines. It's a load of crap when you see all the 3rd world countries in the world that burn so much more fuel and toxic waste that contributes to the majority of the worlds pollutants..

The only heavy duty diesel engine out there that is compliant for 2010 without using SCR (selective catalytic reduction) requiring DEF is the good ol corn binders with the new Maxxforce engines that use only EGR.

Troy
12-21-2009, 09:00 PM
i thought it was only for light vehicles....would never think a heavy truck would have that shit on there

m j
12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
google it, europe got stuck with it

Trooper
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Old new really old news. Thats what Bluetec is. A urea injection, dirt cheap like 8 beans a gallon and a gallon will last you 80 fill ups.

Honda has a catalytic converter that will produce urea or something similar from the exhaust to inject back in. Closed loop no fill ups but you have to replace the cat every 50000km or something

It converts NoX to nitrogen another horrible gas that premotes algea growth and enough to polute all the fresh water in the world they say.

crazydude
12-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Well guess I wont be buying a new diesel this year or from here on Ill stick with the older ones. Stupid enviro crap they can all go to hell

regulate34
12-21-2009, 11:31 PM
before they even come out people will have by pass systems for them
fuck ford you dumb cunts

Troy
12-22-2009, 02:22 AM
before they even come out people will have by pass systems for them
fuck ford you dumb cunts

thats what i was thinking tooo

someone will making wiring harness kits to bypass any throttle limiters/sensors

then all the turbin twister owner/operators will be getting it bypassed

500grhollowpoint
12-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Yup someone will make a bypass. Hopefully this won't be as stupid as the fuckin SD's EGR. Mine is gettingh head gaskets and an EGR delete as we speak.

JackRabbit
12-22-2009, 11:19 PM
you sure you got that shit right cuz i know that ford is going to be putting exhaust FILTERS that you can change in by 2011 to reduce emissions. DEF deisel exhaust filter

500grhollowpoint
12-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Every new diesel is doing it apparantly. And the shit is $100 a liter right now, but I'm sure it will come down wehen there is a demand for it.

stevem
12-25-2009, 01:18 AM
BMW has been doing this for a while.
its so they dont have to do the reburn(fire out the tail pipe 6.4)they will also get better milage.

Redneck Lincoln
12-30-2009, 08:22 PM
if your going to be buyin a big truck (5 ton and up) only way to go is international, we are the only ones not using urea. We use a advanced EGR system. no piss!! check it out google MAXXFORCE.

chevydan
01-04-2010, 07:23 PM
^ maxxforce rules! You work at tek truck?

nonhighwayservice
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
is the 6.7 that ford is going to be using, not the 6.7 cummins thats in the "Dodge Sterling"?

Redneck Lincoln
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
^ maxxforce rules! You work at tek truck?

ya i did for about six years up until about four months ago. now i work for harbour international in port kells.

bforce
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
lol BMW uses it alreadry, duramax gets a urea injection in 2011, even dodge is going to need it on the cummins...

Thank harper and obama

4linkfota
01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
The commercial trucks have been using urea for at least 4 years already but most use diesel to regenerate...but there is kits to bypass any vehicle. We dont have air care yet..haha

chevydan
01-12-2010, 01:04 AM
ya i did for about six years up until about four months ago. now i work for harbour international in port kells.
Oh yeah, upgraded hey? I work for cooksons in kelowna, probably done business with you before if you are in parts?

Ginger Snaps
01-20-2010, 02:46 PM
well the "pee" is on national back order from ford so if you even wanted it...I cant even get it haha...

blacker_69
02-17-2010, 12:27 AM
theres sensors in the tank that will determine whether or not the correct fluid was filled. and if you drive without it, well it shuts you down.

just think of all the pit mine, patch, arctic trucks that run hard miles in the middle of now where.......