PDA

View Full Version : toy axle widetrack question

FU Toolbag
12-19-2009, 04:52 PM
doing a wide track conversion tommorow on a 83 toy axle. Which is a better setup to use, the first gen indie front hubs or the seond gen? Any problems or hints?

dirka dave
12-20-2009, 09:28 AM
A mix between Ifs hubs and gen 2 hubs will give you a wider front axle, I just used stock 2nd gen and put a wheel spacer in.

RCCruiser
12-20-2009, 11:45 AM
doing a wide track conversion tommorow on a 83 toy axle. Which is a better setup to use, the first gen indie front hubs or the seond gen? Any problems or hints?
While you're at it, you can convert to the bigger vented rotors, and bigger V-6 calipers. Makes a big difference. There's quite a few different ways on doing it. Pirate4x4 has a lot of info...

I used first gen IFS wheel hubs, LandCruiser vented rotors, which I re-drilled to match the IFS wheel hubs. Bolted the V-6 calipers on the outside of the mounting ears. Easy as pie.

Spedley
12-20-2009, 11:09 PM
While you're at it, you can convert to the bigger vented rotors, and bigger V-6 calipers. Makes a big difference. There's quite a few different ways on doing it. Pirate4x4 has a lot of info...

I used first gen IFS wheel hubs, LandCruiser vented rotors, which I re-drilled to match the IFS wheel hubs. Bolted the V-6 calipers on the outside of the mounting ears. Easy as pie.

This is what I did too...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Spedleysan/IMG_0495-1.jpg