PDA

View Full Version : wiring help..

Bigsexy
12-08-2009, 09:17 PM
K so i got the new motor IN and all wired up. problem is that i dont get power to the celenoid, nor do i get spark.. trucks gota be jumpd from the celenoid to hear it turn over.. i got the complete wiring harness and computer when i bought the motor.. its a 93 460efi.. and wat came outa my truck was a 96 Inline 6. any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.. both motor ran fine b4 pulled.. really dont hava clue y no worky:dontknow:

kootenaycat
12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Sounds to me like a problem in wiring if you have 2 problems. Do you have 12v at the coil? As for the starter, does that year have the 2 solenoid, 1 on fender, 1 on starter? Which solenoid are you jumping? If you're not getting power to the one on the fender, I'm guessing a wiring harness problem with the new install. Good luck! :D

85_GMC_4x4
12-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Start at your ignition switch. Use a multimeter to see if you have power to the switch. If you do, note the wire that goes to the solenoid (It will be the only wire that has +12V when in the "crank" position) and follow it until you reach your problem.

Troy
12-09-2009, 02:39 AM
if your lazy just run a hot wire from the positive terminal on the battery to a 12volt push button switch, then run the other wire from the switch to the small post on the starter relay on the fender if it has one. and shazam you will have crankage

Bigsexy
12-09-2009, 10:14 AM
if your lazy just run a hot wire from the positive terminal on the battery to a 12volt push button switch, then run the other wire from the switch to the small post on the starter relay on the fender if it has one. and shazam you will have crankage

K but wat about it not having spark..

radman
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
sounds like there is a power wire not connected. or the pip sensor on the distributor got bumped and failed, and you didnt connect a starter safety. that is my first guess