PDA

View Full Version : 3 tj questions

FU Toolbag
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
We have a 97 tj and the heater motor has only 2 settings. Off and high. I know there has to be a resistor pack in there and I've been told it's a nice little module.

Question 1 anyone got one of those moduals?

Question 2 anyone know if I can grab one out of a cherokee or some other thing I can get from p'n'p.

Question 3 anyone know where this moduale is so I don't rip everything appart

Vastier
12-05-2009, 03:38 PM
You can get to it under the pax. side dash. Take the glove box out then remove the kick cover covering the blower motor. The resistor is attached to the back of the blower motor. It'll have a wiring harness attached to it. You'll find that the resistor is covered in rust hence it not working correctly. They don't cost much at all at the dealership. It's a pretty easy fix. It's definately the problem. Can't say if one out of a cherokee would work or not but for what they cost, I'd just buy a new one. Pretty sure it's under 40 bucks.
[cheers]

B
12-05-2009, 04:22 PM
new blower motor resistor part no. 4864957
common to burn out on these. You can drop the blower motor cover out without removing the dash from underneath. Two screws and a plug and the resistor is out.http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif