PDA

View Full Version : what deal to take?

A6D9
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
ok I"m stuck in a mess....lol

I just got a 1987 Toyota 4x4 pick up, with the 2.4L turbo diesel.

all body pannels have been replaced, the frame has been almost completely stiffend and no rust, and an extra 2.4L Turbo diesel motor for $1200.

it has 350 000 km on it and is runnign pretty good, has a small leak in the injector pump.

now a buddy of mine wants it...really bad...
he offerd me this an early model toyoya 4runner, frame is mint and the body needs a bit of rocker work, and a tiny bit of rear quarter work. has the SAS done to it, and has a chevy 350 motor in it, all i need is a tranny and trasnfer case to install.

he says he can do it for 250$.

AND he wnats to give me a 1985 4x4 ford ranger with 4 inch lift on it. was on the road last year and needs shocks and 1 brake line. has a 2.8L V6 carb

i think i can sell the ranger if i do not want it. for 6-700$ to a buddy.

what do yuo all think?

crazylike
12-03-2009, 09:56 AM
sounds alright if the 350 runs good a tranny and tcase is cheap enuf

T.O.
12-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Keep the diesel, there's a reason he wants it... It's badass.[36]

zookiguy
12-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Keep the diesel, there's a reason he wants it... It's badass.[36]
[iagree]

'Balmer
12-03-2009, 10:27 AM
All depends on the quality of the SAS and the shape of the engine. I assume it's got a chevy axle under it to go with the 350? If the axle is a passenger side drop then you can get a trans and t-case cheap that will bolt right on and match your axle in terms of drive shaft output, so that's no big deal.

Toddler is right though - The diesel is truly bad ass and that is indeed, why he wants it. But if it's an '87 it's IFS (IIRC), so you might want to consider that if your looking for something with a solid axle eventually.

A6D9
12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
i was gona get sas done on the 87. and the diesel is badass....I"m just worreid that if it breaks...and lets face it..it will eventualy...I'll be tossing allot of $$ to fix it for parts are super hard to find..

so that worries me....and well no oen is made of $$ so any repair or means of sellig 1 truck to keep the other is a good on the pocketbook....

redman
12-03-2009, 11:02 AM
i was gona get sas done on the 87. and the diesel is badass....I"m just worreid that if it breaks...and lets face it..it will eventualy...I'll be tossing allot of $$ to fix it for parts are super hard to find..

so that worries me....and well no oen is made of $$ so any repair or means of sellig 1 truck to keep the other is a good on the pocketbook....

The turbo is a rare find, hte plus of this truck is that they re super easy to work on have a ton of tourque and wheel well as they are not to heavy.

a sa 4runner with a big engine sounds like fun but with more power you will break shit faster and the gas bill will be way more.

i say diesel imo

B
12-03-2009, 11:04 AM
FAWK AFTER ALL YOU PUT US THREW GETTING IT KEEP THE DAM BITCH ...

that is all [5] ....

:)

A6D9
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
lol good point B... :)

i just worry allot...lol

B
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
just breathe deep and stare at the avitar and all will be good pratice this 1o times a day for 5 min and your quailty of life will improve greatly

[5]

Trooper
12-03-2009, 06:26 PM

Bullshit Parts are easier to find then parts for a sas'ed truck with a 350 in it.
Toyota will get you any parts for that truck. Do your research.

Lets see some pics of the truck