PDA

View Full Version : That really annoying grown from the S/B bushings

JeepManager
12-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I know it's just an annoyance, but does anyone have a fix for it? Already tried lubricating and cleaning them out but ever since they were disco's for the first time I get that sound over bumps.

nbrowser
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Sway bars ? who needs those ? :)

dh_4_ever
12-03-2009, 02:38 PM
thats a jeep charactor sound. jeeps got lots of em. the dash raddles (if it doesnt yet, it will) the rear seat squeeks, the windows whistle, and the hatch will eventually raddle. plus all the noises outside. just put in a louder stereo. thats my solution :D

Chopstick
12-03-2009, 03:58 PM
thats a jeep charactor sound. jeeps got lots of em. the dash raddles (if it doesnt yet, it will) the rear seat squeeks, the windows whistle, and the hatch will eventually raddle. plus all the noises outside. just put in a louder stereo. thats my solution :D

what are you talking about?? jeeps are the quietest thing in the world... you can hear a pin drop while off-roading one no problem :D hammer hammer smash smash, shit what was that?! :happy0045:

Happypants
12-03-2009, 04:49 PM

dont forget the wind whistle from the door handle inside the jeep too [36]

lornix
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I know it's just an annoyance, but does anyone have a fix for it? Already tried lubricating and cleaning them out but ever since they were disco's for the first time I get that sound over bumps.

Good luck with that one. Even my new JK squeaks here and there.

dh_4_ever
12-03-2009, 07:32 PM
ya I forgot about the handle whistle, that one can get mighty cold when its cold outside. oh yeah

Happypants
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
ya I forgot about the handle whistle, that one can get mighty cold when its cold outside. oh yeah

hahahahh have you seen my jeep? im missing half a door now :happy0045: :happy0045:

JeepManager
12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh I've got the dash rattle, the whistles (they're sorta calming sometimes), the inch of water on the floor after a rain, ect. I just hate high pitched metal on metal shit like these bushings and squeaky breaks.... those drive me f'n crazy.

Happypants
12-03-2009, 10:36 PM
do what i did, after i bought the jeep i cut the sway bars out that way i can NEVER use them again lol

nate980
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh I've got the dash rattle, the whistles (they're sorta calming sometimes), the inch of water on the floor after a rain, ect. I just hate high pitched metal on metal shit like these bushings and squeaky breaks.... those drive me f'n crazy.
Mine rattled from all over the fucking place, I just got used to it. Never had a radio to drown it out either lol

nate980
12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
do what i did, after i bought the jeep i cut the sway bars out that way i can NEVER use them again lol

lol

nbrowser
12-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Russ.....take my advice and WhiteTrash'es.....REMOVE THEM ! lol

Happypants
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
if ya wanna temp fix, then take the bushings off and soak them in a lubricant and they will shut up for a while, other than that, nothing you can really do about it

dh_4_ever
12-04-2009, 08:25 PM
mine is quiet... I even put one in the rear (sounds crazy right?) but thats because im towing a 16ft travel trailer that weighs 3700lbs when I work outa town, and when im passed by a semi they just about blow me off the road.