PDA

View Full Version : cracked head?

girlcrazy_4
11-24-2009, 12:35 AM
regarding a mazda b2600i

Im looking at trading a car for this project truck. It needs alot of work, let alone engine work. The waterpump and radiator are new. While driving the truck, it overheats. Cooling system seems fine but still overheats. Would this be a cracked head or headgasket. It seems to run fine, puffs blue etc... cant tell about white smoke in the cold weather, but it does crank for a bit before firing. edit: oil is milky

dirka dave
11-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Should have kept your 4 runner.

DURANGO
11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
typical mazda smoking out the pipe

Toyquad
11-24-2009, 02:37 PM
regarding a mazda b2600i

Im looking at trading a car for this project truck. It needs alot of work, let alone engine work. The waterpump and radiator are new. While driving the truck, it overheats. Cooling system seems fine but still overheats. Would this be a cracked head or headgasket. It seems to run fine, puffs blue etc... cant tell about white smoke in the cold weather, but it does crank for a bit before firing. edit: oil is milky

LOL i dont know if thats sad or funny?

tchevy
11-24-2009, 05:42 PM
It puffs blue because the rings are probably worn out, not just the valve seals. B2600 heads are TERRIBLE for cracking, so often that it isnt even worth the pressure test. rebuild head is around 600 bucks. the engine is finished. it needs a head, rings, and if the oils milky water has been through the bearing. for a quality repair, i would overhaul the entire motor.

epic3
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
the oil burning could also be valve guides/seals

kootenaycat
11-24-2009, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't touch it if there's sign of water/coolant in the oil. Once the bearings have had coolant contamination they will be on there way out and you'll be looking at doing the bottom end in the near future.

B2600's aren't the best motor out there even if it's a "deal". Best to hold off and get an older Toyota.

girlcrazy_4
11-24-2009, 09:26 PM
If I picked it it up I would do main and rod bearings, misc oil seals, headgasket, oil seals etc etc. and replace anything else neccesary. I dont think i'm going for the trade now... gonna sell the car seperatly and see if he'll take $200 for it instead.

fullsizebronco
11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Do u think its worth it still with having to tear the entire thing apart u are the guy that never seems to have a problem finding some kind of amazing deal! I would hold off as well. But then again... 5L would fix the problem as well haha